• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

b6304f+t header progress thread!

The Aspirator said:
Schweet, now what about the ignition question I asked a while ago? ;-)
heee, whoops. im shooting for wasted sparkwith the trigger decoding code on msns-extra. Got all the hardware to do it, just haven't done any work whatsoever MS'ing the car. I've decided to get all the turbo stuff done first cause I really don't want to have to deal with MS's quirks if I'm not getting some sriously boosted benefit from it :-D My only concern at this point is the coilpacks may not be up for "14000rpm" duty that wasted spark will do. I have no clue what I'm going to do if I start dropping spark at higher RPMs... maybe learn assembly and make 6 spark triggers :-(

edit:// actually, i do have a cam sensor. its either "on" or "off". If I can use those two states to switch between one set of outputs and another, it would work. How to do this though, I have no earhtly idea.

Last edited:
Oh man, I've been out of the loop b/c I got my wisdom teeth pulled. That's so sweet Chris, I can't wait to see it in person!

kits, kits, kits, kits, kits! i want one. looks like its gonna be a tight fit though with that huge turbo. have you done anything internal yet? if not are you? and if your not doing internals, how much boost do you plan on running?

Don't want to rain on the parade, but what will you do when smog check comes around? I take it you already have a plan for this.

tjts1 said:
Don't want to rain on the parade, but what will you do when smog check comes around? I take it you already have a plan for this.
find someone who will take an extra "tip". **** the carb.

(of course, simply swapping on the other manifolds really isnt going to be all that hard :-P )

the poi said:
find someone who will take an extra "tip". **** the carb.

(of course, simply swapping on the other manifolds really isnt going to be all that hard :-P )

manifold, downpipe, whatever else to connect to the cat back.

Then gotta tune it to pass smog... luckily OBDI makes this atleast remotely feasible.

More power to you, I grew very tired of the stress involved with finding a "friendly" shop

Back