• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The V8 245

77volvo245

Bought a 1992 wagon that was converted to a d24 for some season the camshaft was broken in half. I had another good d24 I was going to put in as a replacement. Sold the good d24 and decided to do a V8 5.3 vortec instead. Bought a 2004 tahoe with 4l60e 2wd that was wrecked with 130k miles for $1500. Was going to do a black engine bay but I hate the look of a mis colored engine bay from the original body color. Im hoping I don't go crazy and start zinc plate every bracket, nut and bolt. :-P

Going to be using my motor mounts that my brother and I designed

Trans mount

Holley oil pan

Hooker cast iron headers

Looks like one of the GreenCarCo ones. Cam in the D24 probably broke due to a slipped front balancer bolt. Just as well, put it back to gasser power, that's what it was originally anyway. :-P

Cool to see you guys jumping into the V8 world... bet this will turn out nice as usual. I'll have to get down there and see it sometime.

Looks like one of the GreenCarCo ones. Cam in the D24 probably broke due to a slipped front balancer bolt. Just as well, put it back to gasser power, that's what it was originally anyway. :-P

Cool to see you guys jumping into the V8 world... bet this will turn out nice as usual. I'll have to get down there and see it sometime.

I think the last time you stop by to pick up that D24T you saw this wagon. it was a green car company car and they don't know anything about working on cars for sure. Maybe when its done by feb Ill bring it up to XXX?

Cool project!
You will use truck intake? Or LS?

using the truck intake and all truck parts besides the oil pan and headers. will be using the fly by wire throttle body as well

Sounds great!
I bought LQ9 for my Volvo, I am now studying what parts I need to buy to install the engine in my Volvo 244.
Is it possible to keep a truck of the engine pan, if the bulging part of the cut and weld a sheet of aluminum?
I also read that is possible use the standard exhaust manifold, only need the left exhaust manifold of grinding at a small angle. Or, these things are not possible during the installation of your engine mountings?

Sounds great!
I bought LQ9 for my Volvo, I am now studying what parts I need to buy to install the engine in my Volvo 244.
Is it possible to keep a truck of the engine pan, if the bulging part of the cut and weld a sheet of aluminum?
I also read that is possible use the standard exhaust manifold, only need the left exhaust manifold of grinding at a small angle. Or, these things are not possible during the installation of your engine mountings?

The truck oil pan is to large to fit the 240 crossmember without cutting. The truck pan also will be exposed past the crossmember. You could do a cheaper pan what are called "muscle car oil pan" found on summit or jegs. You would have to modify your crossmember if you use that pan. There are a lot cheaper pans out there but I don't know by first hand of fitment and quality.

The exhaust manifolds I found trailblazer SS headers almost work. The reason they don't is the flange is not a donut style like the hooker have.

The 4l80E is a huge trans to try to it in a 240 tunnel I've been asked so many times will it fit. depends on your fab skills you can modify your tunnel or use a large hammer.

Last edited:
The truck oil is to large to fit the 240 crossmember without cutting. The truck pan also will be exposed past the crossmember. You could do a cheaper pan what are called "muscle car oil pan" found on summit or jegs. You would have to modify your crossmember if you use that pan.

The muscle car pan still would hang down past the crossmember.

Attachments

• 151.jpg
    151.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,603
It's a pretty minor detail (drop the bolt and cut the bracket / relocate coils / use the Holley dress-up covers, problem solved), but did you have the rear part of the coil bracket on the passenger side contact the lower of the two later-style AC lines?

k8x3NQCl.jpg

The new holley oil pan installed. the headers will be removed for installation of the motor. Need to find a new alternator and power steering bracket since it was damaged from the front end wreck. Power washed the motor with purple power.

BEFORE

AFTER

Last edited:
Very nice. Would the 4th gen F-body oil pan work? That's what I used in the E36/LM7 mashup I've been putting together and it cleared the stock E36 crossmember nicely and allowed for a decently low engine position. IIRC it's a little shallower than the Holley pan shown above.

Very nice. Would the 4th gen F-body oil pan work? That's what I used in the E36/LM7 mashup I've been putting together and it cleared the stock E36 crossmember nicely and allowed for a decently low engine position. IIRC it's a little shallower than the Holley pan shown above.

Is this what a fourth gen F body pan looks like? it will not work since it will hit the crossmember. The sump needs to be short as possible.

Last edited:
Yep I think that's the one I used. The crossmember must sit further forward in relation to the engine on an E36 vs. on a 240. I haven't gotten a close look at an LS swapped 240 in person but I see what you're saying.

Back