• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

I was surprised at what an old car wasteland Hawaii is, until I remembered it's all blasting sun and salt spray. Generally nothing but rental Mustang 'verts, Jeeps, and sun-blasted Sunfires driven by service industry wage-slaves. I saw one nice old PV on Maui, and took all sorts of flak from my family for geeking out over it.

Haven't been to Kauai yet. Sounds like I should plan on it.

Sorry no desecration occurred. It's bordered by a golf course- that's desecration enough in my mind.

Yeah Bruce, similar here... there's a few cool older GM trucks, and an a occasional nicely kept Miata or Civic, but 60% of the cars are bloated american rental vehicles and the remainder are seriously beat lookin' 90s Japanese and American cars that the locals invariably drive. It has that same "top down" rusting that I saw in Florida... seems backwards to someone who grew up in a snowy environment where everything rusts from the bottom up.

I'm still loving it. Gonna go kayaking down a river tomorrow.

M.

Hello fellows!

Just an off chance- I'm asking for a buddy (okay, I'm not)- anybody got a spare rad laying about? It looks like my end tank's contract just expired last night, and man, is that coolant eager to get out.

Let me know, Schram's sounded skeptical as to why they would have such a thing when I called.

You dealing with Greg at Schrams?

The yard in Surrey has a few decent looking Rads if that is a viable option for you. If not I will ask around today.

You dealing with Greg at Schrams?

The yard in Surrey has a few decent looking Rads if that is a viable option for you. If not I will ask around today.

If that's the new guy, then yes. I was hoping for Gord (or literally anybody else), he's a family buddy guy, but meh.
If worse comes to worse, then yeah I'll hit the yards, just driving there with the rad already leaking has been ill-advised. Grab one of my buddies or something.

Thanks for looking out!

Early rad? I'm not sure if it went to the crusher, but I may have one in my garage- it's yours if so- I'm still in Kauai though- I'll be back Friday.

M.

EDIT. Jason may be able to find it too- should be near the lathe and shelves if my memory serves.

SOMEONE BUY THIS. Wow.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/cto/4376552006.html

00J0J_3NN0F5kUUE5_600x450.jpg

Feels like we're due for a meet. BBQ and caffeine/alcohol as your stimulant/depressant needs demand at my place soon.

Any takers?

M.

I'd be down, but can't make it until the weekend of March 29th at earliest due to spring break. I likely won't be able to show up in anything French & gangstery until end of April, but that could just be the next meet.

Back