home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > General > website & board

Old 04-18-2019, 12:29 AM   #1
dirtlip

Default New in town!

Hey Y'all!

Am a new Volvo owner and just joined the board today. My personal vehicle is an '84 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, in which I'm about to break in a new motor I built this weekend, and learned SO MUCH along the way from the Full Size Jeep forums (ifsja.org and fsjnetwork.com).

Anyway, our daily ride was a high-mileage 2006 Mercedes E350 wagon, and the repair costs were astronomical. I think I know my way around a machine a little bit, but just to do the pads in that car you needed a $1000 computer to release the calipers. Long story short, we felt that an older Volvo would hit the spot. Get 20+ MPG, haul stuff, and I can work on it while teaching my better half how to do it.

We picked up a '92 240 wagon, 204,000 miles. Brake hose just went 3 weeks in and was super easy to fix. Was looking around for forums that seem like the ones that have been indispensable for the Jeep, this seems like it.

Anyway, a long way to say 'Nice to meet ya!'

Will be asking mostly questions at first so bear with me. As I get my bearings in Volvoland I hope to be able to contribute a bit.

Thanks to you all for being a part of this!
dirtlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:08 AM   #2
freevolvos
Board Member

Welcome to the forums
freevolvos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:33 PM   #3
soclosenotnear
Board Member

Welcome. 1992 is a good model year and mileage isn't much of an issue if it was maintained. And yes, you can do nearly anything with a basic hand tool set.
soclosenotnear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:57 PM   #4
2turbotoys
Salaminizer

Another welcome, you are in the right place!

1979 242 B21 on MS, waiting on L33
2006 V50 T5 AWD 16 PSI +
2turbotoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 02:07 PM   #5
Cocaina space cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtlip View Post
Hey Y'all!

Am a new Volvo owner and just joined the board today. My personal vehicle is an '84 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, in which I'm about to break in a new motor I built this weekend, and learned SO MUCH along the way from the Full Size Jeep forums (ifsja.org and fsjnetwork.com).

Anyway, our daily ride was a high-mileage 2006 Mercedes E350 wagon, and the repair costs were astronomical. I think I know my way around a machine a little bit, but just to do the pads in that car you needed a $1000 computer to release the calipers. Long story short, we felt that an older Volvo would hit the spot. Get 20+ MPG, haul stuff, and I can work on it while teaching my better half how to do it.

We picked up a '92 240 wagon, 204,000 miles. Brake hose just went 3 weeks in and was super easy to fix. Was looking around for forums that seem like the ones that have been indispensable for the Jeep, this seems like it.

Anyway, a long way to say 'Nice to meet ya!'

Will be asking mostly questions at first so bear with me. As I get my bearings in Volvoland I hope to be able to contribute a bit.

Thanks to you all for being a part of this!
The best volvo
Any thread about cut springs, & or +T on a college students budget shall be sent to OT, flogged for 24 hours, participants in said thread shall point the OP in the correct thread link while simultaneously shaming them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwazywazy View Post
I believe the D24 was designed by hitler himself.
240240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:46 PM   #6
LC4CARL
Aero challenged

Welcome. Portland has a strong Volvo following. IPD is at the airport. Local events include the IPD Garage Sale and Volvo’s in the Hood, among others.
Life begins at 10PSI.
LC4CARL is offline   Reply With Quote