• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Death Wagon 3 "Now with more 2JZ"

up pipe done..

127794934.jpg

127794949.jpg

127794950.jpg

oh and this showed up today and Kenny assured me that it wont cause me any flow issues
127795019.jpg

comming together slowly..

-Sam

Have you considered making a brace that goes across both of the upper holes in the exhaust manifold so that it can't pivot on the single bolt?

nice water to air unit.

who's the manufacturer?

ebay I would imagine. and it flows 100cfm more than my Garrett core (on my bench). neat aside: it appears the core is the same as the air to air ebay units, but the water flows through where the air normally would on the air to air units.

Have you considered making a brace that goes across both of the upper holes in the exhaust manifold so that it can't pivot on the single bolt?

the flange actually bolts to 3 diffrent points 2 spots on the head and 1 on the stock exhaust manifold.. I dont think it will go anywhere "hopefully"

-Sam

I can already tell I am going to be saying "Awesome!" alot in this thread. Sam & Kenny taking to the next level as usual. Nice work.

ebay I would imagine. and it flows 100cfm more than my Garrett core (on my bench). neat aside: it appears the core is the same as the air to air ebay units, but the water flows through where the air normally would on the air to air units.

So any downsides to this thing? Does it not cool as well?

So any downsides to this thing? Does it not cool as well?

no idea, it's not on the car yet. as long as it can cool the air, it oughta be fine. you still have to buy a pump, another radiator, water resevoir, etc, so you can plan on being into it for the same or more as a decent air to air intercooler.

it depends on the surface area of the unit, and the overall cooling capacity, and especially the size of the radiator.

there's a formula here from corky, ya'll want it? it's for calculating radiator ssize requirement.

it depends on the surface area of the unit, and the overall cooling capacity, and especially the size of the radiator.

there's a formula here from corky, ya'll want it? it's for calculating radiator ssize requirement.

it shouldent matter much.. I am gonna have a 2.5-3 gal tank setup for it.. also the car is mainly going to be setup for drag racing so i doubt that it will have much time to heat up..

-Sam

i've got a buddy with a turbo fox body thats got an air/water intercooler like that one (about that size from what i can tell...maybe a touch bigger), and it cools better than his regular intercooler did.

i degrease'd the transmission i plan on putting in the car.. I hate that i havent been able to get more done on this project lately but its kinda been hectic with the new baby boy and all...
-Sam

it shouldent matter much.. I am gonna have a 2.5-3 gal tank setup for it.. also the car is mainly going to be setup for drag racing so i doubt that it will have much time to heat up..

-Sam

The air to water my friend had on his miata held about a gallon, it was good for about 1 or 2 pulls before it totally heat soaked the whole thing, granted that was with an M45 blower way out of its efficiency range though, I'll be curious to see how this works out!

What trans are you running?

The air to water my friend had on his miata held about a gallon, it was good for about 1 or 2 pulls before it totally heat soaked the whole thing, granted that was with an M45 blower way out of its efficiency range though, I'll be curious to see how this works out!

What trans are you running?

gonna have closer to 3 gallons in my system and using a honda civic radiator as a heat exchanger with a 800cfm spal electric fan pulling threw it so heat soak shouldent be to big of an issue with this system.. not to mention the intercooler is rated to well over 700whp..
Gonna run the AW71L with some mods..

you gonna keep the stock NA block? or a fresher j/y bottom end? b230f or ft? (wasn't the sedan an ft? )

gonna keep the higher cr NA block.. the sedan was FT but I have run the higher cr before and liked it.. just as long as this block has the bigger rods i think i will be fine..

-sam

Sam, I really like your approach to this thing... Should be super effective and is pretty innovative for around these parts :)

we're missing some updated pictures.. I hear tell it lost a manual transmission, and someone nearly got frostbite pressure washing stuff yesterday...

let's see some pics bitch!

yea shamefully I have not taken any pictures of the car but Kenny and Tom G helped me pull the engine and trans out Saturday night after the SEC Champ Game..

Got the engine out, head off and pressure washed the engine in the frigged cold ...
-sam

Back