• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Anyone run the full Kaplhenke 240 brace with ABS?

A couple of observations based on running this for a little while:

- the Volvo reservoir seems to be available from Empi for various VW applications, if you want a clean new one
- the seal's OK but not really good enough to use with e.g. a brake pressure bleeder, and it may weep fluid on you at moderate pressure

Oh, and Ben's brace is great. Particularly if you're trying to draw attention away from other things in the engine bay. *cough*

Thanks for the update!!! good to see some results after track testing :-D

- the seal's OK but not really good enough to use with e.g. a brake pressure bleeder, and it may weep fluid on you at moderate pressure
Assuming (;-)) moderate pressure also means trail braking and other methods; Other than modifying the brace, could anything else be done to prevent this? I'm not comfortable with weeping brake fluid, at all, much less under specific circumstances.

Last edited:
Assuming (;-)) moderate pressure also means trail braking and other methods; Other than modifying the brace, could anything else be done to prevent this? I'm not comfortable with weeping brake fluid, at all, much less under specific circumstances.

There's no pressure in the reservoir under braking conditions, so you don't need to worry about that.

I've seen it weep as a result of using a pressure bleeder (~15psi).

Major comprehension failure on my part due to a few... circumstances at that time :oops: - Thank you for clarifying!

Major comprehension failure on my part due to a few... circumstances at that time :oops: - Thank you for clarifying!

If you have 15psi in your reservoir with a vented cap under driving conditions you are about to have a catastrophic failure. ;-)

Bump to hopefully get BNE's attention.

It's been 8 months... still on the fence or something? ;-)

Very recent alcohol and jetlag induced blunders aside, life and job happenings have gotten in the way; sorry to disappoint you BNE.

On a more positive note, the new mascot looks to be a great fit. :)

Necro'ing an old thread, but I've designed / printed a 2-hose adapter for the Mustang master since I couldn't find an existing piece that would fit a 5/16 hose and the Mustang grommets. Honestly, it could have been simpler, but I'm still learning Fusion and this was an excuse to over-complicate things...

dLf3hgZl.jpg

On the off chance that you're interested, and have access to an SLA printer (or similar) feel free to drop me a note and I'll send you a copy of the design. The Prusa "tough orange" resin seems sufficiently resistant to brake fluid in testing so far.

You could probably print it in PET on an FDM printer, but slicing it in a way that doesn't leak around one of the nipples would be challenging...

Back