• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

'83 245 wagon Canadian Carb b21a exhaust

The Starla kits are garbage. Waste of time when you can get decent quality that lasts a while at the dealer inexpensively enough. Thin tinny mufflers and pipe that rusts out/falls apart or muffler baffles that rattle in a couple short years. Why bother?

You can buy the updated front muffler back stuff from the dealer for under $250 new and it lasts a while. I don't believe there was any difference in pipe diameter on N/A 4cyl cars. I've installed those on B21 or B23 cars.

As to down pipe-first muffler, you might need the cat blank-out pipe or some or all of that depending how rusted/molested that stuff is on your car?

thanks fellas, I appreciate the input and suggestions.

After some thought and penciling in some costs, there's no sense in getting the B21a up and running with new parts that are going to cost me more than I had anticipated.
I'll be yanking out the engine/trans over the next coupe of weeks and prep for a donor engine and visit the good folks over at Sts machining.

Dibs on the the B21A :D.

Also, OEM Volvo exhaust parts are made by Bosal. So, might be worth checking with a shop that carries that brand. Order the parts through them...

-J

Back