• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

dialing in an MBC on a +T

autoloclys

I +T'd my '92 240 last fall and have been running it at stock boost with a 13c turbo since then. The car has been well behaved and on a calibrated boost gauge was seeing 8 lbs at WOT.

I just added a hallman MBC and it definitely upped the boost, but isnt giving me the control I hoped for.

Even with the MBC dialed all the way down, i can see 15lbs of boost and under the right circumstances hit the ECU fuel cut (I am using turbo ECU's and injectors).

im aiming to max out at 12-13 lbs of boost and stay under the fuel cut for now. This car is a daily driver so I want it to be maximum fun but it also needs to be something my wife can drive without special training.

any thing i should be doing with the MBC to improve how much control it provides? I have kept the air lines pretty short, and hung the controller on the coolant reservoir. I can hear the ball rattling around in the MBC when i shake with the dial all the way out, so nothing is stuck in there.

kinda outa ideas

Is your wastegate actuator properly adjusted? Are the hoses connected the right way?

I've never messed around with the adjustable actuators on mitsus, but have run several lh2.4 13c cars at everything from 5psi (stock non-adjustable wg actuator) to 20psi using similar mbc's (homemade and nxs stuff). Usually they spike a few psi and holds boost pretty steady at the set level.

My first impression is that the boost controller may be backward. Something is blocking boost control air from getting to the wastegate actuator or it's not connected correctly. You did connect to the actuator under the turbo correct?

Back