• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Can We Get an Ultimate Parts Thread?

Beware of Tasca (tasca_tpc on eBay)

I note Tasca (tascaparts.com) is listed as a recommended source at the start of this thread. They trade as tasca_tpc on eBay, and I thought I'd share my story of a very bad experience with them.

An eBay ad by tasca_tpc claimed to have four B234 oil pump pulleys available; I ordered two - one to go on the car straight away, and one spare.

After a few days, I contacted tasca_tpc to ask when he intended to ship the items. tasca_tpc responded by stating that the items were no longer available, and that he had written to me to advise me of this on the day of the order (untrue) and that he had issued me a full refund (also untrue).

Before replying to tasca_tpc, I took a screenshot of their listing, which clearly showed "2 items sold, 2 still available".

Why would they keep listing items for sale that they don't have in stock?

It seems to me as though they were quite happy to leave up fraudulent listings and rip off people's money. After all, they'd already lied about issuing a refund.

I only got my refund after filing a dispute with PayPal, but my vehicle is going to be off road for at least another week while I get a pulley from a reliable source, thanks to this rip-off merchant and his stupid time-wasting games.

I have had good luck with Meyle on many things. I don't endorse them 100% though. Certainly better than a lot of the ScanTech stuff was. Their rotors are a very good buy. I haven't tried the strut mounts yet, but am tempted.
Installed meyle strut mounts on my 940 last summer. One is working fine and the rubber part seem good, but the mounting bolt on the other one snapped when tightening the nut to correct torque.

I have had good luck with Meyle on many things. I don't endorse them 100% though. Certainly better than a lot of the ScanTech stuff was. Their rotors are a very good buy. I haven't tried the strut mounts yet, but am tempted. Especially since the Volvo units no longer say Volvo and I'll bet aren't SKF at all any more.

I don't believe Volvo *ever* used SKF for 240 strut mounts. They should be Boge originally. New units are made by FAG.

-Ryan

As far as I know (and I admit I'm not the final word) the original, Boge mounts used a real SKF ball bearing. Keep in mind who SKF is/was. Probably some sort of partnership. Muchos years ago in San Diego, I replaced the bearings in a set of strut mounts (yeah, stupid). Took the bearings to Kaman Industrial and they sold me identical, SKF bearings to put in. Never did that again though.

I note Tasca (tascaparts.com) is listed as a recommended source at the start of this thread. They trade as tasca_tpc on eBay, and I thought I'd share my story of a very bad experience with them.

An eBay ad by tasca_tpc claimed to have four B234 oil pump pulleys available; I ordered two - one to go on the car straight away, and one spare.

After a few days, I contacted tasca_tpc to ask when he intended to ship the items. tasca_tpc responded by stating that the items were no longer available, and that he had written to me to advise me of this on the day of the order (untrue) and that he had issued me a full refund (also untrue).

Before replying to tasca_tpc, I took a screenshot of their listing, which clearly showed "2 items sold, 2 still available".

Why would they keep listing items for sale that they don't have in stock?

It seems to me as though they were quite happy to leave up fraudulent listings and rip off people's money. After all, they'd already lied about issuing a refund.

I only got my refund after filing a dispute with PayPal, but my vehicle is going to be off road for at least another week while I get a pulley from a reliable source, thanks to this rip-off merchant and his stupid time-wasting games.

I have had issues with TASCA the last time I ordered through them as well. Firstly, it took them 11 days to ship, when all the parts were listed as in stock. Then, when the parts arrived, I was short 8 valve cover studs and a thermostat. When I contacted them about this they refunded my money, for the parts I did not receive, promptly, but I was still disappointed with how long they took to ship the items and that they got the order wrong. It seems they are no longer a reliable source of parts.

Updated. I added Art's wedsite www.cleanflametrap.com

Last edited:
alternator brushes for 70AMP and 80AMP ALTS on 240s, the number I found that works is FX-45.
like this "FX-45 Alternator Brush Set" both on ebay and amazon.

Suggestion here on posting a rating on BRANDS of parts not just suppliers. That is Brands that perform well and brands to avoid like the plague!
Sometimes that can make all the difference when deciding what to grab. I found this out the hard way doing a lower control arm job as I am doing it again in 3 years on a 98 V-90.
Going back with real Volvo bushings this time in the factory arms NOT aftermarket!!!

Hi, new to TB but not to Volvos..

One supplier to add, for us who live over in the UK/Europe as import duties and taxes suck to import from the states are european tuning who are based in the Netherlands as they supply IPD parts amongst many others! I have used them on 2 occasions so far and found them brilliant and i will be again in the near future I'm sure :)

http://www.europeantuningshop.nl

M 46 Reverse Lock-out

HELP!!
I'm trying to locate a reverse lock-out pull rod for the M46 on my 1989/745.
Part #: 12.09.675.6
Or, if someone can help with the specs, I can fabricate one.
(Presently, just lifting shift panel with finger...)
Thanks,
Dan

avoid Advance Auto Parts. They hardly carry anything for our cars to begin with, and I recently got sold some defective copper gaskets that led to my turbo oil inlet fitting draining a quart of oil on the ground. Not to mention the fact that most often the staff are hardly familiar with volvos

Napa has a bunch of stuff for our volvos. I only know what they have for 240s but it's pretty much the important stuff we need, they carry.

We should definitely add Jorgen auto for re-manufactured steering racks.
They make it easy, because you don't need to know if it is a cam, trw, or otherwise. They just offer rebuilt units (could be any of the available types) with the correct adapters so you know it will fit. Plus I've heard they have a great no b/s lifetime warranty, and they gave me a deal with $30 shipping which includes a return label for the core ($150 core charge).
They quoted me 2-3 day shipping (I'm in Mass.) And the rack its self was reasonably priced.

Factory Volvo Parts

Hey everyone! www.MySwedishParts.com wants to offer any turbobricks member a 10% discount on genuine Volvo parts. Just use the promo code "turbobricks" during checkout. Also, they sell custom fit rubber mats for 240 242 244 245 700 and 900 starting at $66.00.

Back