• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

6-speed to the red blocks...

do you know what kind of fabrication it took to do it? would be worth it since there are a few good od's around with blown out 2nd/3rd gears.

just a custom drive shaft would be needed, correct?

Hi all

A OD to a M47 wouldn't be far off a bolt up job I would guess

coondog240
Yeah but he's got it bolted to a NA 16v, so he probobly dosn't need as strong of a tranny as turbo's.
It might be behind a 16 valve. But modded right a NA 16 valve can put out 200Hp+ easy

This is a little bit off topic

I don't know much about the T5
But the T5 has a big brother called a T56 these boxes are 6 speeds if the front of the t5 gearbox is the same as the front of the T56 gearbox there is a chance for a 6 speed behind a Redblock see as the is a adaptor plate in the US already

Thats sweet, I never thoguht about that.
As for the T56's....Been done, but boy, its a lot of transmission...
http://www.pbase.com/ravennexus/dutch240
medium.jpg
20557122.Image8.jpg

-Andy

i might look into it.

-i'm pushing NA 8v power.
-will +t soon(needing more fuel)
-i miss my t56 in my fbody

can anyone read that site? is he running it yet? i'd love more info(in english) on rpm's/kph, what driveshaft he's using, and if there was an adaptor plate involved

don't bash the m47, it didn't do anything to you :-(

Normal T56 trannys don't have a removable bell housing. Richmound makes a six speed tranny that drops in as a replacement tranny for T5s Summit racing has them for about 2500 i think.

"Normal T56 trannys don't have a removable bell housing"

Ummm... yes they do. I had one in the back of my car for measuring purposes up until last week when i gave it back to the guy who lent it to me- and I can assure you it simply unbolted. Standard Corvette (LS1) T56.

edit
PS here's a pic.
eBayISAPI.dll

Last edited:
Captain Bondo said:
"Normal T56 trannys don't have a removable bell housing"

Ummm... yes they do. I had one in the back of my car for measuring purposes up until last week when i gave it back to the guy who lent it to me- and I can assure you it simply unbolted. Standard Corvette (LS1) T56.

edit
PS here's a pic.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7945384664&category=33733#ebayphotohosting
I was about to say. My friend removed the bellhousing from the t56 in his camaro.

But what would the gear ratio be like on that 6 speed? Isn't the purpose of a 6 speed (part of it at least) to make the car quicker?

Back