• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Hey, the same seller has "lumbar kits" available. Not for making redwood chairs or anything. My driver's seat has always been a pain in the back. Literally. No amount of knob turning will make it right. Anybody ever taken apart a seat back? I replaced the lower cushion all by myself. The lumbar thingy sounds like dark magic. Maybe I should just spring for a pair of Sparco's...

Just get a pair of hog ring pliers and new hog rings (I use zip ties instead). Remove seat from car. Remove top part of seat from bottom. Remove all hog rings for the upholstery and peel it up - then you'll see the lumbar adjuster.

Better yet, find a junked driver's seat at the wrecking yard, slick up the rear upholstery and see how it all goes together!

Good stuff. Aside from the noise, the backache, the lack of heat and the noise; this could be the ultimate Davis touring car.

:lol:

I think I'll skip all that and go "Plus T" instead.

:nod:

Many people appreciate nice cars. Some appreciate decent cars that someone has obviously put some effort into. But, other than other car guys, I think few appreciate that there are times during a build when things actually get hard. When you don't want to do it anymore. When you can find about a million other things you really should be doing, instead of "having fun" with the car.

It's not that the heater installation is that demanding. But, for whatever reason, sometimes we build things up in our minds. Instead of just starting back in. Doing one small step, then another. We get this image of an immense ocean that must be crossed.

Anyway. No more excuses. I want my car back.

What do you guys use for sound deadening under the shifter boot? I seem to recall somebody had a "correct" part for the job, but I was thinking lo-tech like batt insulation or something.

Hiperfauto has them, but a sponge is known to be the Tb solution.

But you kinda missed your installation opportunity when you had the engine out to diddle it.

I used expanding foam on my old 245. It worked, but kind of a hack solution. I bet you could find a chunk of foam at Walmart or something and cut it to fit.

IMG_8677-M.jpg

IMG_8681-M.jpg

IMG_8682-M.jpg

Appears Volvo put their own sound stuff on the floor up front. New stuff is likely redundant.

Got a few days. Pushing to get the heater done.

Then will roll out the mat under the rear seat and cargo floor.

Thx boss.

Ya I ripped a bunch of the old style heavy stuff out of my rig to save some weight that was in weird places because the previous owner got slap happy with it.

Doubled up in the doors, in the butt cheeks ect, but I left it on the rear pans.

Back