• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vintage 140 manual swap saga

shaned

Hello brick lovers!

I closed the book on the great pedal search. A good Samaritan answered my call (some would say groveling) Via Craigslist; He gave me several leads, but one bared fruit. a Volvo shop in Washington state had the part in question. My timing was perfect because the state was forcing him to scrap all his vintage iron. Before I get reprimanded for miss categorization.

#1 Has anyone used the stock p1800 shifter in a 140 series car? If so, Did you have any issues? I like the angle of the p1800 shifter better than the stock straight shifter for the 73-74 M-41. Beyond relocating the O/D switch, I not sure why it wouldn't work.

#2 I recently purchased a 6 bolt flywheel, but I am worried I may have one of the few 8-bolt 1973 cars. most of the bolts are SAE, but it has some random metric bolts here and Their. Can someone direct me to a identification research. I have seen lots of conflicting info.

cheers!
Shane

I highly doubt it is an 8-bolt. The only way is if it happens to be a really, really late production year model.
Look up your chassis number in the Volvo parts catalog. It will say "before Ch. 3XXXX", or "after Ch. 3XXXX". That was really the break between 73 & 74, but I suppose a few D-Jet's may have made it through.
Now, your engine could have also been replaced with a later B20F. Then what I said is null.

The 1800 shift cover is longer. It won't fit unless you enlarge or relocate the shifter hole in the tunnel.

ShiftCovers.jpg

Last edited:
OP, I do have a spare cover (top cover in Ian's post) that I'd happily part with. Let me know if you end up needing it.

Thank you mr matt, I have the second one from the top. I will did an image up. I think it is correct but, this is my first disco.

Back