• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Wheels

Drunk_Babies

I've spent a couple of hours reading posts on every Volvo site there is and I'm still confused.

I have the stock ****ty 14" wheels with hubcaps, I'd like to go to a 15" wheel. I understand the 5x108 pattern is weird and would like to stick with a stock Volvo wheel for that reason..

-If I'm going to a 15" wheel what size tires will I need to keep the same overall diameter?
-How do I know what I'll need for an offset?
-Where do I even find a full set of 15" Volvo wheels?

Put a listing in wanted here. You will have multiple people offering you a set of wheels. Of course that might need shipping but these are not cars where you find them in the salvage yard anymore with nice wheels to buy.

The 15" wheels were an optional or accessory wheel except for the 80 242gt and 240 turbos in the US. You can use volvo 15x6 wheels that are 5x108 20mm offset. Like the 5 spoke Virgo wheel. You can also use the 15x6 25mm offset as used on the 740/940 cars. Wheels like Aries, Adhara, come to mind. There are more, though.

There are also 15x7 aftermarket and Volvo accessory wheels that will fit. You can browse the aftermarket wheels on IPD as a start. 15x7 wheels from Volvo were the Orion wheel or Multi X for example.

For some wheels like the Virgo you will have to remove the wheel locating pin and replace it with a 10mm bolt if your car is 86 and newer.

I'll sell you a set of 15 inch steel wheels if you want to be stocky stock. You do need hubcaps that are for 15 inch wheels.

I've spent a couple of hours reading posts on every Volvo site there is and I'm still confused.

I have the stock ****ty 14" wheels with hubcaps, I'd like to go to a 15" wheel. I understand the 5x108 pattern is weird and would like to stick with a stock Volvo wheel for that reason..

-If I'm going to a 15" wheel what size tires will I need to keep the same overall diameter?

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

https://seattle.craigslist.org/search/wto?query=volvo

;-)

Some people still use the Craigs List ?

Volvo 240 740 760 940 Wheels & Tires - $240 (lutz)

https://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/wto/d/lutz-volvo-wheels-tires/7127606681.html

01515_8rZLNr3gvh1_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

One can spend more than a couple hours on some individual threads on this website alone regarding wheels, offsets, odometer functioning with 14 or 15 inch wheels, steel vs. alloy and of course prices or preferences. I believe that in the end that it is pretty much personal preference on the appearance that you are trying to obtain.

I think you also asked about tire size. I'm afraid that again that is a lot of preference but also driving habits, road condition, weather and stance are considerations.

I missed what the car is that you are trying to outfit (year, model, color) which may make a difference.

In any case,good luck with your money pit! :nod:

Last edited:
When replacing a wheel, it is necessary to follow certain rules. To replace the wheels, use only the jack designed for your car. When carrying out other types of work, use stands to lift the car.

I'm building a lifted 245, got 15" wheels [aluminum] from VP auto parts. My wife who suggested the lift, after seeing one that was lifted, was impressed with the wheels that we got from VP.

Back