• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Wiring issues lh2.0 to lh2.2

baileyatx

Hi all,

Just installed a clean lh2.2 harness to replace the disintegrating one on my 1984 Volvo lh2.0.

I also swapped over the ECU (544), Fuel computer, MAF..

The car acts like it wants to start and then "hitches."

I'm not sure that everything is wired in as it should be for the swap?

Please help!

So 2.2 harness in 2.0 car.

A few questions:

Are you using the LH 2.2 fuel system relay?

How did you wire the plug inside the dash (the one that looks like a dual tombstone)?

How did you wire the ign coil? The 2.0 harness has wires that connects the coil to the ignition wire harness, the LH 2.2 Harness does not.

Last edited:
I can help by sending you a replacement LH2.0 main engine wiring harness. Then, you can stick with all the original parts and not have to worry about fabri-cobbling something together.

I made this drawing a long time ago, it shows where the wires from the "tombstone" connector between the ecu and fuel relay need to be connected. the red wire is for the AC switch and can be omitted if you dont have or intend to repair the air conditioning.

If you are still around I can help as I have converted several volvos to LH 2.2 including the 83 DL I drive everyday.

Back