• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

Before I throw these in the For Sale section I thought just maybe some locals might be interested - I have one complete mirror assembly and three mirrors for the older 240s, pre '80 or so, the older stainless design on a longer arm. They are used of course, the glass and reflective coating are all good, yours for 50.00 ( Cdn. of course ).

Also have a newish fuel sending unit from a '91 940, it tested fine. Selling for 80.00, I accidentally cut the wiring harness but it can be repaired.

B 18/ B20 pressure plate, Borg and Beck I believe, never used 15.00

00k0k_7FG8sbuLR2B_600x450.jpg

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/d/1990-volvo-740-turbo/6501722072.html

Reminds me of my old car. Looks pretty decent.

Hey, Congratulations Jason!
The world can use more people like you and Erin.

Had a look at this today:
https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/d/volvo-v70-needs-clutch/6507746056.html

20-valve non turbo FWD with a manual transmission.

Overall it's in decent shape, typical Strathcona parking damage
on the bumper covers, they are the right shape, but need paint.
Driver's headlight lens is holed. No dents, dings or scratches to
the sheet metal that I could see under the snow and grime.

Interior is decent. Tan leather, drivers door side seat bolster
is worn through in the normal place, otherwise the leather looks
fairly good. A bit dirty, but not gross.

Clutch lost its fluid, most likely the slave cylinder.

Brake fluid is dirty.

Oil is due for a change. Somewhat gungy under the oil filler cap,
but not really bad. It's had oil changes, but maybe not quite
often enough.

Coolant looked watery, but felt like glycol.

The engine started right up, and sounded good.

Owner stated the timing belt was done in the past year.

Tires are fairly good. 2016 date code.
Wheels look straight, with a moderate amount of damage on the
lip.

It's been commuting to Port Kells daily.

It is parked in an alley behind their repair shop, it will need
to be gone soon. Owner was quoted ~$1800 for the repair, but I
bet that includes everything from the rear main back.

Owners seem like real nice east-van folks.

If I had a dolly, and a place to put it without insurance, I'd
have taken it home.

I've got a set of 240 AW70 cooling lines for sale. $80 for TB members, local pick up.

Shortly after I got these, ended up with most of the parts to convert to a manual, so no longer needed.

PM if interested.

Last edited:
I'm out of my garage in 30 days. 265 Partout time.

tumblr_inline_mge577FzrB1qew7ov.gif

Small block Chevy 350 - one piece main, block compatible with factory roller cam, crappy heads and cheap lumpy cam. Ran when parked, but I'd call it a rebuild candidate now. $200.
T56 six speed trans, flywheel, pressure plate, various bits to install, new clutch, no name short shifter. $900
Coleman homemade coilovers. $150 , but you have to supply a set of junk struts to replace em so I can get the car out of the garage.
JTR sbc crossmember and various v8 swap bits. $50
IPD 28mm deep drop sway. Installed, but otherwise brand new. $250
one piece driveshaft for t56/sbc combo, $50
TPI bits, both bolt pattern of intake manifolds, all runners etc and stainless bolt set, $200
Unfinished narrowed 8.8, Bondo Kenny watts link and matching aluminum cover $300
Megasquirt 2.2 v3, $100

1976 265 body minus all the above - $100 to keep it out of the crusher. Papers included. flip me another hundo and I'll throw in a flathood and early single rounds.

TONS of other stuff.

Make me a offer on anything above, or take the whole thing off my hands for DIRT CHEAP. Like, gimme $1500, just to keep it together and I'll throw in tons of other parts..

Thanks all,

M.

I'm out of my garage in 30 days. 265 Partout time.

tumblr_inline_mge577FzrB1qew7ov.gif

Small block Chevy 350 - one piece main, block compatible with factory roller cam, crappy heads and cheap lumpy cam. Ran when parked, but I'd call it a rebuild candidate now. $200.
T56 six speed trans, flywheel, pressure plate, various bits to install, new clutch, no name short shifter. $900
Coleman homemade coilovers. $150 , but you have to supply a set of junk struts to replace em so I can get the car out of the garage.
JTR sbc crossmember and various v8 swap bits. $50
IPD 28mm deep drop sway. Installed, but otherwise brand new. $250
one piece driveshaft for t56/sbc combo, $50
TPI bits, both bolt pattern of intake manifolds, all runners etc and stainless bolt set, $200
Unfinished narrowed 8.8, Bondo Kenny watts link and matching aluminum cover $300
Megasquirt 2.2 v3, $100

1976 265 body minus all the above - $100 to keep it out of the crusher. Papers included. flip me another hundo and I'll throw in a flathood and early single rounds.

TONS of other stuff.

Make me a offer on anything above, or take the whole thing off my hands for DIRT CHEAP. Like, gimme $1500, just to keep it together and I'll throw in tons of other parts..

Thanks all,

M.

Is the coil over just front or front a nd rear also how far from finished is the 8.8

Front only. 8.8 is narrowed and Ford mounts stripped and cleaned, needs all the Volvo mounts added on. Watts link requires all linkage to be fabbed still.

M.

I know you can only run actual coil overs only in the front but some run the adjustable spring pearch in the rear and I was just wondering if that was on the table as well

When you asked about if he had rears as well as as fronts. I quoted Mark....front only.

I was trying to be frugal with my words. It doesn't always work well when I communicate that way.

Never happened I'm afraid. I've been stupid busy between moving and work- haven't even responded to a PM from last week yet. Sorry guys, sausagefest no longer, as the BBQ moved to my new shared accommodations with Naomi. I will be having some sort of housewarming...

M.

Back