• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Just Can't Stay Away 1972 142S

Took a little shakedown run this evening. I have been battling a valve cover seal oil leak, so I wanted to make sure that was behind me before taking the car for a longer drive with Nora this weekend. It looks like its all good but I think I will still order a new one from IPD just to be safe.

Obligatory glamour shot:

When I first bought the car I justified it by telling myself that we could use the car to shoot up to wine country after it was running better. Today we fulfilled my dream and put about 200kms on the car up to Los Alamos and around the Santa Ynez valley. It did great and the seats are awesome for longer trips!

After this drive I am fully tempted to drive up to IPD later this month...

doit!!!!!

I'm tempted man!

When I took my car to Tahoe (the first time) it was in WAY worse condition than yours. You'll be fine!

A trip to Davis would have been a no brainer but 2000 miles is lot to do over a weekend. Will see if I can get around the logistics.

I thoroughly enjoy seeing your updates. This is a very neat car you've put together, and it's pretty awesome to see it getting proper use!

Thanks! This is the first time I have done a thread for a car I am working on and I have had a lot of fun writing, photographing and being able to look back on its progress.

Yay, brown Recaro club! Nice score.

There are pics in my 242 build thread of mine. Yours look considerably more plush & luxuriant.

Do it! Let's rep the 140s

What day are you driving up?

Recaros look great in there. Might want to consider some light tint to keep them from fading

That's a good idea, they make clear UV blinking tint don't they? The car is in a garage so they shouldn't fade too badly for the time being.

Yay, brown Recaro club! Nice score.

There are pics in my 242 build thread of mine. Yours look considerably more plush & luxuriant.

What are the chances, 2 sets of brown recaros in Southern California? Yours look to be really nice shape mine just have the adjustable side bolsters and upper seat backs. I love your car

blinking?

I mean they're not going to fade overnight :-P:-P but even a 95% tint with 100% uv reduction is a worth investment IMO

Yeah most UV damage to car interiors is from the radiation from other car's turn signals...

Haha I don't even know. Thats what I get for getting on turbobricks from my phone. Yeah you're absolutely right though about the UV reduction from a light tint.

I cleaned and painted the buttcheeks but then never got around to setting the jerry can in it. Pretty silly since that was the whole point of that exercise.

Here it is in the car:

I'm tempted to get some paint stripper and take the can down to bare metal and repainted...

Mellow weekend on the Volvo. Took it to Cars and Coffee in Montecito today and the Mullin Museum yesterday. I'd love to have an overdrive but the 4-speed is fine on the highway. Plus it keeps me in the slow lane putting along.

This afternoon I worked on the roof. The original owner said that she tried to use the car as a ladder for trimming the hedge. It looks like someone had a line dancing competition on it. When I first got it I was able to massage the largest dents out so that they werent that noticeable. I spent some time fine tuning today and it looks better but still far from perfect. How hard is it to drop the headliner?

Hopefully I can get the roof perfect and find a hood in the next few weeks. Our wedding is on 7/16 and I want the car to look as good as possible for our reception arrival.

Back