• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The So Cal. 1/4 mile Dragstrip Thread

I'm going to scrub this week-end's date....... forecast high of 107 is too damn hot! 97 degrees is too damn hot for that matter!

Remaining dates:
Nov: 1
Dec: 6, 13

These should be decent weather dates. Let's plan on going!

We used to have a great 1/4 mile track scene going. What happened? I miss the old gang!:latchpop:

The next track day is only two days away! Cool temps means all new best ever E/Ts!

Plus, I'm bringing a Brick this time!

Well, we couldn't make anything happen so nothing happened this time.

So in the meantime, I was looking for some racing videos and found this one from a while back that I had never seen before. It's my 300E racing a Magnum. Now these guys were new to drag racing so obviously they weren't very good at it. I had been beating them all night but as the night wore on I started to feel bad for them so I started educating them. (As I always end up doing for newbies.) Slowly their E/Ts and R/Ts started to improve until in the final few runs they started beating me! It didn't help any that my 300E, being the freak that it is, started slowing down as the night wore on because of the cooler temps. (My CIS-E Benzes are the ONLY cars I know of that actually slow down in cooler temps!) So of course that's the time that somebody decided to tape us racing!:grrr: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umck_CzJ0m8 And then of course they couldn't even identify my car!:grrr:

Last edited:
Seriously guys, we really messsed up by missing these two December dates and that November date. These three dates were fabulous stellar days with great weather conditions and small turnouts!

Now I just found out that the lame idiots have closed down till February. Our next date is 2/15/2015. http://www.autoclubdragway.com/Tickets-and-Events/Street-Legal-Drags/Street-Legal-Drags-1.aspx
It's usually already starting to warm back up by then but I'll still be thrilled to go if someone else is going too, AND I PROMISE I'll be bringing a Brick this time!

Plus there's quite a rivalry developing now between my Benz buddies and me because I'm shifting back towards Volvos and they don't like it! One of them is building a C36 powered E320 wagon and he's gonna be gunning for my newly acquired 945! Inter-brand rivalry always makes things more interesting! Can't some of you come out and support me?

Regards,
Eric

Last edited:
Hey, I always come out and support you. Have you ever gone by yourself? I have and it's not nearly as much fun.

PLUS, did you see the part where I said I'm bringing a Brick this time? Your voice has been the loudest complaining about me not bringing a Brick. Well, now I am! That should count for something! Come-on Coupe, let's go racin'!

What do you think it will run in the 1/4 mile?

What do you think your t5 will run?

We need a 13.9 second Brick to show up to spank one of the 500Es and we also need a mid-12 second Brick to come to spank the other 500E which is equipped with N2O.

My job this time around will be to spank the C36 engined W124 wagon. I don't expect it to run better than a low 15 but I should plan on packing a high 14 just in case. I should probably pick the 945 up in the not too distant future so that I can do a few mods to it in time for our next drags day. I'd like to bring BOTH my 93 945 AND the 94 945!

Last edited:
not lookin' good, toldjya why

ex post facto edit: so did you guys go and post times in your Volvos or was that just a bunch of hot air like always? :blah:

speaking of hot air it isn't like there's a EvW '15 thread... or even a '14 one for that matter. :roll:

Last edited:
Sorry I missed this post Coupe'. To answer your question, no I didn't go. Again, I don't want to go unless others will be going as well. I just have zero interest in going by myself anymore. Since nobody here committed to going, it just died on the vine. Right now I'm moving anyways and busy as hell, plus we are now in the bunk hot time of year, made all the worse by the fact that the track isn't doing "Twilight" dates anymore.

To top it all off the C36 powered W124 wagon still isn't finished yet either. Recently I discovered that a second C36 powered W124 wagon is being built and this second wagon is also now committed to going as well but it isn't finished yet either. Both of these cars will be good races for my 945!

I am walking the walk right now though because my 93 945 will be the next car I take if we ever can put together another drag day. I'll be representing Volvo this time! The only thing left for me to do to it before it is ready to go is an exhaust system including a new cat. I will be doing this as soon as my move is complete.

You never answered my most recent PM to you about my solution to yer "problem".

Check out my new sig!

Regards,
Eric

Oh, and as of this month there is a 2015 East vs. West thread: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?p=5179682#post5179682

We should plan right now on doing all of our track's November and December dates. A last minute flood of timeslips during the cool time of year when our E/Ts will be good and the East Coast guys can't respond anymore cause their weather is getting too rough for them to run! Good times!

We need to start thinking about getting our drag racing going again. We need to start planning on going as soon as the weather cools in mid to late October, and continuing through February. I have a 93 945 that I am ready to baseline now, but I simply refuse to go by myself. Fellow Tbrickers need to show up if for no other reason than to see me finally run a Brick!

Here is a vid from the past that I think we missed. Start at 2:56. I think it's Wennstroma but I could be wrong. Feel free to correct me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BgYWwVDLAY

Regards,
Eric

Back