• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cooling fan wiring

LeedomtoFreedom

Just curious if lh2.4 has an output for the two speed cooling fan on either ECUs. Currently wired to a 2-way switch, currently very annoying.

Yep, need to wire it like a 9 series, and add the pins to the ECU connector, BUT, I had mine wired like factory and the temp settings that it uses are a bit higher than I liked and it would run warm before switching on the fan.

I used the ubiquitous SAAB T and switch in the lower rad hose YMMV

Did you use the two speed relay? When I pulled it from my 940, it didn't seem to get too hot before kicking on.

I'll have a look at a wiring diagram and figure out what pins.

Did you use the two speed relay? When I pulled it from my 940, it didn't seem to get too hot before kicking on.

I'll have a look at a wiring diagram and figure out what pins.

I did use the two speed setup, I currently have the switch trigger the high, and the pressure switch for the AC trigger the low speed setup, it works ok I suppose.

I used the ubiquitous SAAB T and switch

Which Saab did that come from ?

Also does anyone know of a good two speed fan switch. I think BMW make one but is it really necessary to have both speeds or will low speed suffice.

I just use the high speed circuit of the relay, it has always worked great. I have a Saab T if you need one, I don't remember what I pulled it out of, but I just use the pusher fan temp sensor in the radiator, lower temp version.

Not all ECUs can drive the fan relays. The 937 can, the 951 can't. If you open it up, there should be a ~1/2" x ~1/2" square black chip roughly between the heatsink bar and the connector. If this spot is empty (just empty silver solder pads), then the ECU can't drive the fan relays.

Ive got the electric fan/relay setup and the Saab T. Does anyone have the part number for the temp switch that goes in the T and any pics of everything wired up? I'm clueless when it comes to wiring.

Back