• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Washington State Meet

A

Anonymous

i will re-post here i guess. Apple Blossom is the first weekend in May. It is in Wenatchee Wa. it is basically a big car show and cruise with street racing. i was just curious to see if anyone else with a volvo will be attending i would like to see who all wants to go and maybe we can have a meet.

I will bring my b230FT GT, and my brother will bring his 745TI (he just doesnt know hes going yet) Keep this updated

depends on other schedules, where my car is at development wise, and when ipd is.

I will see as well. Ipd is a high priority for me next year - I might actually have some money to spend. PSVCOA will probably do another Magnuson Park get together about then, too. Does the VCBC do a spring meet at Docksteaders? I can't remember.

Haven't checked out VCBC, I probably should. Most of them would deem me psychotic I think.
But that's a good point i should check that out being that I'm in BC. Try to convert some of them over to turbo power. Too many spring meets though. be better if things were spread out.

If history is any indication, IPD's 2003 Garage Sale event will be held the weekend of May 17-18.

Depending on the state of my 242, and my time constraints
I would like to make it to that show!

Or maybe some of us could car pool there!

Anybody thought about a Volvo only meet for those of us in Oregon/Washington? Around Portland or Vancouver maybe, so those from further in washington would be tempted to come too.

take care
Luke

luke242ti said:
Anybody thought about a Volvo only meet for those of us in Oregon/Washington? Around Portland or Vancouver maybe, so those from further in washington would be tempted to come too.

This is all volvo. Last year what we did was met at Southcenter, and went to Pacific Raceways on friday, and then saturday caravaned to the iPd garage sale. This year I'm doing the whole thing... I don't have to go to prom 8)

Yea, I have heard about the VCOA meet @ that time and am planning on attending.

I was thinking of a smaller meet before then, like january, february or something with people, shooting the breeze, meeting people around here.
that kind of thing.

take care
Luke

Where are you located man? Crumpie and I get together all the time and work on our cars etc... If you are close, you are welcome to join us!

Might be fun to do a Winter GTG, some place that's comfy and easy to get to. XXX Drive-in in Issaquah comes to mind, fairly central and not too far over the hills.

I'm coming from Orting, so I'm a little more partial to a location in the south end. Also, the local VCOA chapter meets on the first tues. nite of the month at Volvo of Tacoma in Fife. Nice guys, one of 'em has a genuine flathood turbo.

weezilusa: I am quite a distance from you. I live 1.5 hours south into Oregon. Near Salem. So, probably about 6-7 hours from you.
I have a few friends around your area.

gtlover: I agree. That issaquah drive would be cool. There are other turbo friends of mine near there, that dont frequent this board much that.
I am partial to a central location. I am willing to drive up a ways, especially since I wont be in school from the 13th of this month till the 7th of january.

take care
Luke

I did Bellingham to Cannon Beach to Salem to Seattle in a single day. Which was the day I got the old 245DL to go 100...on the road from Portland to Cannon Beach.

But I digress. Heck, if we wanted a really central location we could meet in Centralia!

I still think the XXX would be cooler, and they are one of the choice spots for a cruise-in. The week after I got the turbo, I went to one of the cruise nights there to represent the Swedish crowd. They're cool with european performance.

"I did Bellingham to Cannon Beach to Salem to Seattle in a single day. Which was the day I got the old 245DL to go 100...on the road from Portland to Cannon Beach. "

Wow, that is quite the driving in one day!

"But I digress. Heck, if we wanted a really central location we could meet in Centralia! "

Good thinking there, that is more central. My grandparents live in Chehalis too, so I could visit them at the same time.

"I still think the XXX would be cooler, and they are one of the choice spots for a cruise-in. The week after I got the turbo, I went to one of the cruise nights there to represent the Swedish crowd. They're cool with european performance. "

Sounds like a good option!
Cool, nice to be welcome with different cars!

Test drove an 84 245Ti with 260k miles last night, in VERY good condition.
Shiny, perfect white paint, no dings, awesome interior. Wish I had the $1750 for it... The ad for it is on ipds classifieds if anyone is interested.
Located in Salem Or.

take care
Luke

Of course, if we go to the XXX Drive In in the winter, we'll have the place to ourselves more or less. They still get a fair amount of traffic in the off season, but in the summers it gets PACKED. At any rate, we should set a date for this shindig.

I'll go if I can get a headliner back in my 740 Turbo. My kids got in a fight in their car seats on day while I ran in the house to grab my wallet. If less than 20 seconds they ripped the whole dam thing out. :evil:

Back