• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Torque plate

Google was no help.

This is a one time thing so I don't want to buy one.

Don't think it would sell on here very fast if at all.

I have the worlds best machinist[tm] so I do not wish to use a machinist who has one. If there is one in PDX.
He is doing a very special cylinder finish for some custom made Diamond pistons with special rings. #noblowby
20#+ of boost

Ford 2.3 torque plate is the same head bolt pattern and would probably work. The bore spacing is just slightly different.

Brian at M & B machine shop on Vancouver way near Portland International RAceway has one. Brian just did the normal diamond hone plateu brush mirror bore hole finish, rings set second pull on your butt dyno. What is your machinerist gonna do?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/71MB_Npr0dQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Who at Bearing Services?

Yes if I have one made it will be on here for sale when I am done.

I checked with IPD and Swedish Relics, I did not go to ARD as they are into newer models AFAIK.

As Gary mentioned above here is my custom made torque plate (which is also for sale - if you are interested pm me). Here is some info from my ebay ad.

I am selling my custom made Honing (Torque) Plate for Volvo Redblock engines that follow the B21, B23, B230 cylinder head bolt pattern. As far as i know B17, B19, B204, B234 and maybe more follow this pattern.

This particular plate was designed for use on an overbored B21, which is the reason that the hole diameters are a bit more than 93.60mm. However if you own a bigger bore engine as 2300cc or more, your machine shop can machine it wider very easily since the redblocks between them have the same cylinder center positioning !! For example for the 2300cc engine you have to widen the 4 holes to 96,60mm with the same center as B21 ..

It is made of high grade aluminum while the spacers are steel. It is machined perfectly flat on both sides (49mm thick) while the total height of the cylinder head can be achieved by using the steel spacers (46.80mm). You have to use the same bolts at the same torque specs that you will use with the actual cylinder head.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Sorry for the image sizing !

Back