• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Microsquirt 16v+t

YESSS!
IDK why the **** others are following this. I think you scared em off a while back with a few manic posts. I for one am so stoked for you and respect all the blood sweat and beers youve put into this!

I think you need to be shimming the TB with a spacer under the slave or by using an extended TB.

Double nutting it on studs will not hold it flat and violates many engineering principles.

Dirty Rick , I appreciate your input. However, I feel like- you are incorrect, let me explain why. I used two studs that have a middle shoulder, both nuts are adjusted all the way down to the shoulder on both sides, so it is, in fact- even and flat. The flat part of the shouldered nut faces the throw out bearing, and the other nut, the shouldered part faces the trans and the stud is threaded into the trans. There is no way the hydraulic throw out bearing will walk sideways , as the stud goes all the way through the throwout bearing, and, the clutch button fingers are on a flat plane, if anything went sideways, it would be for other reasons. Also the back of the hydraulic bearing is flat. Then there's a tube that covers the splined shaft on the t56 - where the throw out bearing rides on, its impossible to twist the throw out bearing on the tube of the t56-without bending or breaking the tube-again not going to happen. The pressure plate is flat, Everything is perfectly centered, balanced and flat.

BillyMaysHere, I did scare them off !! I fealt like I was getting the kind of attention no one needs in their lives, the negativism. Now , people know I bite back, so its not fun for the trolls any more. No worries. Thanks for following Sir! Its still getting read- if you look at the numbers. People just don't want to act like they are reading, by not commenting. Cool !

I drove about 30 miles today, Trans shifts like butter, clutch was hard to deal with at first, I stalled it a few times because no slip. First gear goes to about 35mph, so that's nice. I lugged 6th gear at 45mph and the car still powers through-below idle, lugging. Did a little showing off , in front of the machine shop, hit it in second gear, and all hell broke loose and resulted in a flat bed ride home- thanks to triple A. I exploded the rear end, driveshaft spins, nothing turns. Car free wheels. Here's a video of the damage done with street tires on concrete.

https://youtu.be/2tWB04OhuRc?t=8

Coasted to a police station parking lot where one came and talked to me and thought the car was cool, he heard the rear end get destroyed. :(

xyeIBlx.jpg

hjDYRfL.jpg

Quick fill up on e85, before wrecking the rear diff.

gF1mCLI.jpg

Here's a pic of the studs I used, however both nuts ended up being tightened all the way to the shoulder on both sides for perfect spacing, to the pressure plate, and one end threaded all the way in to the transmission to shoulder of nuts.

c0tDAuI.jpg

Hydraulic throwout bearing

GYvQcKV.jpg

5RSpcgB.jpg

Four bolts on inside trans, i removed two and threaded the studs and nuts inside and lock tite them.

Ss9MtYT.jpg

IDK why the **** others are following this. I think you scared em off a while back with a few manic posts.

No one gives a **** about what I have to say a majority of the time, so I just lurk. I've expressed numerous times between here and FB how awesome I think the car is.

Sorry to hear of the rear end failure.

THanks Y'all! That's Texas speak, for you all!

Just to be clear, it probably was not the power that broke it, but more the abuse as a whole, I have done to this Rear end- for about seven years-since I exploded the stock one at 250 wheel . The big tires/heavy wheels, probably doesn't help since it does hook a bit better and slips less. This will be the third in it .

InTheWhite, nobody cares about what I say -or do, and it is self inflicted in my case- I take full ownership of that . . I had a record for lashing out, and taking things-mm, maybe- the wrong way, so I have been working on it. Apologies to those offended, none of us are perfect . Trying to say more positive things, and engage less- with the negative. Not perfect, not fast, not knowing all the things...

Last edited:
Update- found a 1995 940 parts car, and traded it for a nitro T-Ten rc car. 940 Has squirter block, bad head gasket, bent front subframe, good seats, good 13c turbo, good 95 manifold, and all the intercooler/injector/ignition/ecu, stuffs. It also had a 3.73 locker. So I ended up pulling the 940 rear end, and swapping with my broken one, with help from a friend. I also grabbed the gas tank , to throw in wagon for long trips -where there isn't E85. Figured it would be handy, to be able to flip a switch , and fill the wagon tank with an auxiliary, when empty. The majority of the time was spent bad mouthing the spring for the ebrake, as it took me about an hour and a half, to finally be able to convince it to find its home. I don't remember having that much issue with the 4.10 when I first changed it out. Turns out my drum brake tools aren't really good for installing those stupid springs. Next time I will just pull the axle.

First 3.73 i destroyed 7 to 9 years ago. It exploded going over railroad tracks coasting, after much abuse, then i swapped in 4.10, now i have 3.73 again.

684v76f.jpg

GZUCbat.jpg

rUJDmSO.jpg

IVz2IyG.jpg

QeOU1oI.jpg

First gear now goes up to about 45mph at 7K, pretty nice actually!

Just a quick note- for anyone looking for lockers in salvage yards. Instead of pulling several rear diff covers like I did, here's a good trick. With the rear tires off the ground and car in neutral, spin either wheel as fast as you can, it will first- spin the opposite wheel back wards, from the direction you are turning the tire, then it will lock and spin the same direction. This is how you know you have a locker.

Moral of the story, purchase the yoshifab crank gear.

Pictures of the failed crank gear and description of why/how, please? I've
been holding off on my next order from Josh because I was unsure about
a few details, this being one of them. Need more detail, though. Will be
pulling the front off my spare B234F to personally inspect the design soon,
regardless. Your input most welcome! :-)

Back