• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

19T or 20G?

jack.button

b230ft. Getting parts to megasquirt. Intercooled.

Looking to buy a turbo. Which one? 19T 20G? Been looking at the new Kinugawa but am a little scared.

91 octane, Maybe 750cc injectors?

Thanks

I think I'd still rock a 19t, isnt the 20g a TD05 frame? I dont know if there were any that were "bolt on" for a t3 spaced manifold flange.

TDO5 is still a t3 frame. I will be running the 20g on mine. I heavily modified the exhaust housing for better flow out of the wastegate and wheel.

Seems like the 19t is better suited for you.

TDO5 is still a t3 frame. I will be running the 20g on mine. I heavily modified the exhaust housing for better flow out of the wastegate and wheel.

Seems like the 19t is better suited for you.

and corrected... For some reason I was thinking that most were some odd ball spacing... what I get for talking out my a$$ before hitting the google.

Anybody read anything about the Kinugawa 19T? It's got a good rating on the Kinugawa website, but no written reviews, could be a case of stuffing. I think it's Taiwanese. Anybody running one?

I did read about a guys Kinugawa 20g blowing up on him in 2012, but that could have just been due to the Mayan calendar ending.

What are the bolt on Garrett options?

19 or 20T would be a good choice. Kinugawas are fine, I've run them before.

At around 19-20psi, that will be a fun car. Won't need anywhere near 750cc's for gasoline and 20psi.

I run a 20T and 15g. I like the 15g low end but 20T pulls better on the highway. I haven't tried the 20T with my E85 setup yet though.

What injectors are you running for e85? Will the stock fuel pumps move enough fuel to support it? E85 where I am is readily available, even at 20% more volume to gasoline it's cheaper.

I doubt you will make over 300whp on a tdo4 turbine housing.. You can put a 67mm compressor wheel on that tiny turbine wheel its only going to flow so much..
I'd go with a smaller t3 based turbo or a non-volvo housing tdo5 turbo to reach the 300whp mark..

Good luck

-Sam

You will barely make 300 wheel on a dynojet with a 19T if its completely maxed out. On a mustang dyno it wont happen.

If your goal is a solid 300 a 19T is not big enough.

TD05-20G will be a better match

You will barely make 300 wheel on a dynojet with a 19T if its completely maxed out. On a mustang dyno it wont happen.

If your goal is a solid 300 a 19T is not big enough.

TD05-20G will be a better match

Knock/Boost is the limiting factor? Wouldn't a 19t on e85 and 30 psi do the trick for 300-350 with the right fuel mods?? Mustang dyno is always a buzzkill.

I made 385 in my 2g head 6 bolt bottom 4g63 swapped mirage with an evo iii 16g, AFPR, walbro 255 . It's for sale by the way. HAHA. Mustang dyno.

the turbo size is the limiting factor.

I have the dyno charts to prove it.

Above 24 psi the power stopped increasing, went up to 28 psi with no improvements.

There is no way you will see 350 with unicorn piss on a 19T unless you just find a dyno that reads high and will give you the number that you want to see.

but this is Tbricks so you should just ignore all the advice people give and do what you want because thats usually what happens around here. :wiggle:

19T is a great turbo on a redblock car but 350 wheel aint happening and 300 wheel requires running the turbo to the max if you are happy with inflated dynojet numbers...

I think we should all be required to make a pass at the local track after any sessions on dynojets.. some are accurate and some are not, and some shop owners like to tamper with the weather settings to inflate their numbers but MPH is king!

I think we should all be required to make a pass at the local track after any sessions on dynojets.. some are accurate and some are not, and some shop owners like to tamper with the weather settings to inflate their numbers but MPH is king!

When my Mirage went on the dyno the engine and bay were spotless. The guy filled up a weed spray container with a hose and sprayed down the intake manifold, all the intercooler piping, the fmic, etc...I think it made about 10 more horses on that pass but left hard water spots all over everything. I paid 500 bucks for that tune, you would think he could afford a bottle of distilled water so I didn't have to go over the whole thing again.

Back