• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Not quite normal 245.

dammit- With all that movement between Lincolnshire and Cumbria couldn't you search for space within your hearts to help a poor man (in Lancashire) out with a free 245?

well on monday i passed the blackpool turning M55.....

i thought nah fXXk it and carried on ....

sorry there wasnt any 245s in cumbria , only 740, 960 and 440 , why what did you want ?

Awesome work mike!

Well it depends on what you do and don't count. One of those is being scrapped, and another is either being sold or scrapped fairly soon. Depending on what I get rid of in the next few months, it may go down as low as 5. I'm contemplating a much needed purge...

cheers

James

Woohoo! At long last!

If stuff needs to get between Cumbria and either Shropshire or Lincolnshire between now and the New Year let me know.

'Rents are in Shropshire, and other parts of the family are in Lincoln, so could help ferry parts (possibly to parents annoyance if transporting to Lincoln)

You may be able to put a spacer under the driver side engine mount to give you a little more room to play with ,and also posibley cut down/offset the mounting holes on the passanger side ,just watch the sump clearance .A 1/4" to 3/8" thick spacer may make all the diffrance.
to fitting the down pipe.

Regards Roger

You may be able to put a spacer under the driver side engine mount to give you a little more room to play with ,and also posibley cut down/offset the mounting holes on the passanger side ,just watch the sump clearance .A 1/4" to 3/8" thick spacer may make all the diffrance.
to fitting the down pipe.

Regards Roger

Good idea, I have some plate and some old mounts I think.

Block is back from MS.

I have cleaned and painted it today.

Took the turbo up to my mates to get the broken stud out.

I'm kind of out of funds for this weekend.

Loads to do yet though.

needz moar pictars

Although I have been busy working on the project it has been stuff like fetching stuff in the car and cleaning things, not too many great pictures to be seen.

I got some new bits from Volvo.
DSC04355.jpg

Cleaned and painted the Block using old covers and WP to mask the front.
DSC04359.jpg

Now its on the stand and awaiting the arrival of the big end bolts from Volvo until I can rebuild.
DSC04362.jpg

Got all the stuff together I need in one place.
Drilled out a broken stud on the turbo.
Cleaned and inspected the oil pump I got.
Did some more towards arranging the oil return pipe.
Need to clean up the shed (again)

I am having real trouble finding replacement Con rod bolts.

If anyone has a source please let me know.

I am having real trouble finding replacement Con rod bolts.
if you have originals in none bent/stretch cond, decent machine shop be able to make some up?

Awesome project, jealous of a rott free silver 245, wouldlook awesome if you kept it bumper free, like seeing all the extra 3/4 panel + wing exposed. replace with 145 bumpers?
re first few pics, awesome to have a full on volvo scrapyard right in your own backgarden!

The weekend

Well a good selection of Turbobrickers turned up and helped to get the project moved on.

On Friday night Foggy and I built the shortblock (mostly) ended up staying up till five am getting it done.

Saturday saw the long block partly assembled and the suspension removed from the car we all worked till about 9pm.

DSC04365.jpg

Saturday night was spent in the pub.

We got on with things on Sunday and the longblock was almost finished. the suspension was fitted and the engine dropped in.

DSC04368.jpg

Jody came and fetched the axle, struts and seats from the 244 (which is now being scrapped) it's looking a sad case as it sits now:-(
DSC04382.jpg

DSC04395.jpg

Max and James porting out the exhaust manifold to suit the T3.
DSC04371.jpg

Roger, Pete and Nick assembling the engine.
DSC04372.jpg

Still a bucket load of stuff to do to get it finished, Finish engine install, fit all new brakes and repair the bodywork, but I am determined to see it through as swiftly as possible.

Big massive thanks to

Foggy
Chesh
Roger
Alex
Max
Nick

And Mr and Mrs Blunt for their patience and kindness.

I'm to tired to construct any more sentences so here's a few pics.

DSC04378.jpg

DSC04383.jpg

DSC04390.jpg

DSC04394.jpg

Back