• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

b230ft oil

volvo940tuner

does a b230ft take 4 quarts of oil like a b230f?
not totally familiar with this motor yet and about to give it its first oil change since being in my hands, so does it take 4 quarts? and think 10W30 is good for this time of year?

alright thanks.
i was considering making the switch over to synthetic, and giving that the 744 tic only has 90K miles, i was thinking it SHOULD be ok..but maybe i'll just stick with SAE

Same price at Checker/Kragen...

Go to the CSK / Schucks website, and find the coupon for a case of Shell oil at 49 cents a quart after discount and rebate.

This seems to be available every time I have looked (only a few times: I get the coupon in the paper).

Stock up: I do.

With oil this cheap, I change it every 2K or so.

doesn't matter how often your changing it if the smoke point on the oil is so low that whenever you turn the car off its just going to bake in the turbo and leave ash and soot to slowly kill off the bearings

B230FT Oil

In My 88 Volvo 760 I used 10W-30 synthetic and it was hard to start in below zero weather.
Next I tried 5W-50 Started fine in below zero weather but hurt gas mileage. Now I am going to try 5W-40 sythetic.

The owners manuals for several years of 700/900 models state:

5W-30 -40 to +68 degrees F
10W-30 -4 to +104 degrees F
5W-40 -40 to +104 degrees F

Hope this helps.

Back