• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

700 Series IPD rear deck lip spoiler

Ok,

So what your saying is: generating an increased velocity across an airfoil resulting in a pressure differential on the rear of the car, thus assisting in holding the rear tires on the pavement at high G loads and speeds is not performance. I wonder why almost every real performance derived car and race circuit cars have spoilers of some sort. Try telling Carol Shelby that spoilers are not performance. Better yet, tell Lockheed Martin.

BTW

Stick to the question---do you have any idea.

Jon

I don't know what that specific spoiler looks like, but spoilers like that Chigga has on his 740 sedan is attached by double-sided tape. I bought mine at my local Volvo dealer, I think it's a 3M tape.

milkyblue said:
So what your saying is: generating an increased velocity across an airfoil resulting in a pressure differential on the rear of the car, thus assisting in holding the rear tires on the pavement at high G loads and speeds is not performance. I wonder why almost every real performance derived car and race circuit cars have spoilers of some sort. Try telling Carol Shelby that spoilers are not performance. Better yet, tell Lockheed Martin.

No, what he's saying is that spoilers are rice, and not performance. The IPD unit (and the vast majority of spoilers out there) was designed with appearance and not aerodynamics in mind. Besides, you're simply not going fast enough to warrant needing a "real" spoiler.

Was the Countach worse off before it got a heavy ass spoiler? No.

:roll:

blarf said:
No, what he's saying is that spoilers are rice, and not performance. The IPD unit (and the vast majority of spoilers out there) was designed with appearance and not aerodynamics in mind. Besides, you're simply not going fast enough to warrant needing a "real" spoiler.

Was the Countach worse off before it got a heavy ass spoiler? No.

:roll:

it'll be useful if you cut all the pillars/roof/windshield off thou.

Back