• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

SDS setup for b20

Super1800GTR

Anyone have a SDS efi setup on a b20? I'd like to go this route on my project car but I'm a little confused on what system would be best (E/MSD/F ) & how to setup the hall sensor.

Thanks
Rob

Are you sure?

WhyyyyyyyYY???! Why SDS? Megasquirt is 10x better. I promise. Yes, I have lots of experience with both. I have tuned several cars on our dyno with SDS and its very difficult for many different reasons. 1 of which is that the tuning console takes forever to get to any menu and you can only see a couple of variables at once. Makes it very hard to tune. Then, there is the actual tuning process.

You can only tune by changing the pots for either an RPM or a Load value. When you change a number, it changes all the way across the RPM band if you change a load cell or all the way across the load range if you change an RPM number.

So, say you enrich the 3000 RPM fuel number. It adds that amount of fuel arbitrarily from zero throttle (high vacuum) to full throttle (atmospheric for N/A or full boost for a turbo engine). Whereas, with MS (or any other standalone I've used) you could in this scenario change the fuel numbers at 3000RPM all the way from no load to full load independently. (with a 12x12 table on MS)

If this doesn't make enough sense, feel free to pm or AIM me. I have experience with almost all standalones, as it's part of what I do for a living.

Anyways, I don't mean to be a buzzkill, I just want to try to steer people in the direction that will fulfill their needs.

Absolutely. Either go MS or spend another few hundred more for something that's actually user friendly- haltech E8, autronic SMC, a used Electromotive Tec3, Aem/Wolf 3D etc. Lots of way better systems for only a little more dough.

SDS has worked just fine for me. I used / tuned a few different systems over the years, and actually prefer SDS. I understand suggesting anything other than MS on this board will get you hanged.

Jon

milkyblue said:
I understand suggesting anything other than MS on this board will get you hanged.

Jon

And suggesting performance mods on the Brickboard will as well. Just because most of us are cheapasses, we prefer MS. Didn't the post directly above yours recommend something other than MS? And he's a moderator:omg:

Back