• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Official LH2.4 EZK Wasted Spark Conversion - Installation Instructions

Do the AMM's not heat to 1000 degress for 3 seconds after the car is shut down to burn off oil deposits or contaminated air??? I remember reading in the green volvo manual and haynes manuals that they do.

does anyone know what pin #'s the ignition signal and rpm signal is in the ezk for a 1989 volvo 740 turbo? im trying to wire up a rev limiter. thanks guys

I got my engine running with the mod, but it doesn't run well. I have checked wirings, changed sparks plugs and cables, tested that there's spark in every cylinder. Seems like bad timing or something..?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYMM-U_5ugY

What should I try next?
I use Bosch 2x2 -407 and Miata/MX-5 J702T
I'm having the exact same issue. I've hooked it up before but kind of ghetto, and had the same issue. Then I took the time and did my wiring with nice copper wires and waterproof electrical components just like kodja shows in his tutorial. Exact same issue. Although I have not checked for spark, the video posted above is 100% exactly what is happening to me.

Any suggestions on what to check?

I had a problem where my car would barely idle and wouldn't rev out at all. turns out it was a bad solder joint on the ground wire to the BuchkaBoard.

I had a problem where my car would barely idle and wouldn't rev out at all. turns out it was a bad solder joint on the ground wire to the BuchkaBoard.
Thank you sir. I'll probably check this out again this Sunday. I haven't rev'd the car long enough to actually get it start, but it turns over just like the video above posted.

Hi, just found the connector and wires for the Bosch 2x2 motorsport coil.

partnr for the connector: 977929
partnr for the wires: 30656689 (need 3!)

can be found in your local volvodealer. or ordered there :) not expencive either! :)

Figured I'd add to this. Not sure how much the dealer charged,

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/bch-1237000039

It's also known as a 3 pin AMP JPT connector.

Also the bosch 2x2 can be found on some Land Rovers, 2003-2004 I believe. So the coil and connector could be found together at the junk yard.

Last edited:
This drawing is very helpful, but just to confirm, BOTH the 12v to the ICM and the coil should be switched, correct?
If so, are the existing 12v to the stock ICM and coil suitable (switched)? Thank you! (Hoping to get my board soon!)

Launch control clarification question... Will the engine RPM be limited to whatever it is when SET is momentarily grounded? If so, does grounding ARM, or ungrounding ARM release that hold?

fig3.jpg

When you momentarily ground the SET pin, the board will only store the RPM at that moment. It will only limit to that RPM when the ARM pin is grounded.

This drawing is very helpful, but just to confirm, BOTH the 12v to the ICM and the coil should be switched, correct?
If so, are the existing 12v to the stock ICM and coil suitable (switched)? Thank you! (Hoping to get my board soon!)

i used the original powersupply for the original coil for both i think :)

Also the bosch 2x2 can be found on some Land Rovers, 2003-2004 I believe. So the coil and connector could be found together at the junk yard.

For Buchka spark posterity, States-side, here is what I've found whilst searching for the Bosch 2x2 coils aka 0 221 503 407:

Land Rover Discovery MkII & Range Rover MKII -> 99 - 04

I didn't find any other donors listed that would be commonly available here. Found several RR Coils on eBay, and ended up buy a pair of BOSCH coils plus the RR mounting bracket for $39 to the door. It does look like the RR mount will be nicely repurposed for mounting a single coil, and I'll have a spare in the trunk! :cool: Will update with a pic once it arrives & is mounted.

Looking forward to getting my board.....my son has mastered soldering (his MS&S runs) so I'll let him take care of these mods. to my EZK.

all hooked up and no start. Not sure I have the spark plug wires routed correctly. I've tried this so far...

Attachments

• plug order.jpg
    plug order.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 835
Back