• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

This is what $1700 gets you

AndrewNance

Amateur hour!
I picked up Billy's 945t and 744 parts car in Richmond yesterday. Towed it 235 miles back to Lexington, NC.

Gonna need a fender and hood. Plan is to make it a clean DD with some subtle mods down the road.
LYpCQHX.jpg

AYgaybm.jpg

Billy was nice enough to throw in like a zillion extra parts. (Most of which will be for sale soon :oogle:)
ucSx3uj.jpg

WNBP2EX.jpg

wWEPoLF.jpg

91PSjOS.jpg

BT2gEg3.jpg

Parts car was crammed full of parts also.
4AOSs4y.jpg

HryH4IO.jpg

Sawblades that were included (also for sale) and some Gems I picked up from someone during the trip(sold).
mpaYgJk.jpg

Overall it was a good trip aside from Uhaul being a piece of **** company. Had to drive an extra two hours just to get the dolly that I reserved on Wednesday. Left at 6:30am Sunday and finally pulled back in the driveway at 2:30am Monday. :)

Big thanks to Billy for getting it all together and HUGE thanks to Josh for helping me out so much with everything.

sweet! glad it all worked out. Josh said you got in ok. I was bummed I was a few hours away for the day but glad you made it back without issue.
Uhaul is so screwed up I'm surprised theyre still in business

Worth it.

Sad to see that 740 in that shape. One of the great old school builds I remember seeing.

Billy had the engine but I really don't have the time to mess with it. It had already been half parted before I picked it up so I'm just going to finish it off I guess. No engine and most of the suspension is gone. I will have several FS threads coming up. I definitely need some help ID'ing some of these parts. I've found quite a few brand new parts since going through it today.

Oh and a lot of the engine parts were sandblasted I guess. They're all in the trunk and will be available.

i can't believe the blue car is that far apart, it was SO nice back in the day. and sucks i just bought some ugly ass chrome sawblades with crappy tires, wanted plain aluminum but these were close and cheap, still might check em out if the price is right

i can't believe the blue car is that far apart, it was SO nice back in the day. and sucks i just bought some ugly ass chrome sawblades with crappy tires, wanted plain aluminum but these were close and cheap, still might check em out if the price is right

You can get the sawblades! I've got them on CL. You're probably wondering why I never called yesterday :oops:. We didn't end up leaving Richmond til like 10pm.

Yea it was late before you left! Tell them about all the other happenings haha! I had to forge a custom hitch pin for Andrews 945t so he could tow the car!

Somewhere between here and you is my blue strap hahah!

I'm really glad you got it and it all worked out even if it did take us 8 hours to get you going!
Man I was really bummed that I didn't get to take you for a ride in the 164 . We will make a trip of it next time. Apparently Lawrence said those steelies are specific to the 164 because of the hub that takes the larger cap. If you get a chance to save them then so be it if not I'm not too worried about it .

That 945t is a nice car to ride in. It was great seeing you again Andrew and good meeting Mark as well who had to work at 6:30am !!!!

Yeah I can save them for you. I have a spare set of steelies behind the house. I think Mark got home around 4am :lol:. We're already talking about what wheels are going to go on the wagon.

Back