• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

GT Instruments for my 164

driedle

I saw a post on the OZ Volvo forums with a 164 and the GT Instrument package. I really liked the instruments (and the Nardi wheel) and decided I would look for one.

3FcHCEph_zpsutvedgph.jpg

Fez Monki had a new cluster for sale that I had tried to by a couple of months ago, and after an exchange of dollars, the cluster arrived from Italy on Friday.

P6300001_zpstni28sf1.jpg

P6300002_zpsyopyedwr.jpg

I can certainly vouch for Christopher. The cluster was beautifully packaged, and arrived from Italy in less than a week. Two BIG thumbs up!

The cluster is NOS. Unfortunately, it is for a 140 series car, instead of my 164, so the tachometer will need to be slightly modified. I have seen a gentleman restoring these clusters on eBay, but can no longer find him.

Would anyone have his name, or know of another instrument repair facility that I could talk to?

This cluster will come in handy...my dash lights worked fine before I tried to adjust them (for no good reason...) and now they don't work, and my push-button trip odometer reset no longer does anything after pushing the button...

David Riedle

I would talk to Roger, who may or may not direct you to Mark at Accutach. I'm actually going to have Mark fix my GT tach next week, per Roger's advice.

I would be very interested in that. If not, I think it is a fairly easy job to modify the tachometer electrically.

Dave Riedle

Oh please stop posting pictures like this...there is white stuff all over the screen on my iMac...

:-)

Hope I can find something this nice for my cluster...

Dave Riedle

No problem. I did find an electronic device that allows you to run a 4-cyl tach with a 6-cyl or 8-cyl engine that a lot of Porsche guys use. It is designed for VDO gauges.

I can certainly live with the 500 rpm higher indicated redline for the 4 compared to the B-30 engine. These engines are not peaky.

Many thanks for looking!

Dave Riedle

Back