• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Calling RSI Cam Owners - Stage 2 experiences?

Harlard

Hurlurd?Harland?Bueller?
300+ Club
Hoping to get your impressions on this cam...currently with this thing in my car and a smaller GTX turbo and stock manifolds I have not much going on beyond 5500 RPM....kind of hoping you can chime in on how far up the rev band your engines start running out of puff. I'm hoping to get a feel for what the driving impressions are before making the switch or looking at other areas in my system that may be the root cause of my problems.

Thanks in advance.

I had one in the '79 when that was a thing. It pulled really, really well. I rarely took it north of 6k, but still, I was very pleased with it. Granted, I had a little baby TD04 on the car, but I'm sure the cam would've helped a larger turbo as well.

My last B230 had a 15G, AW71, and V cam and the trans would happily shift at or above 6000 on its own. I find it a bit strange that the larger turbo and more aggressive cam aren't doing it...

My last B230 had a 15G, AW71, and V cam and the trans would happily shift at or above 6000 on its own. I find it a bit strange that the larger turbo and more aggressive cam aren't doing it...

Interesting to see this. My car with IPD Turbo seems to always shift in the 5000's regardless of how hard I mash it.

Also, I'm here for any intel. But you're running the GTX disco potato now yes? (A turbo that's on my list)

Those GTX turbos flow a lot of air, do you have enough injector?

Plenty.

Interesting to see this. My car with IPD Turbo seems to always shift in the 5000's regardless of how hard I mash it.

Also, I'm here for any intel. But you're running the GTX disco potato now yes? (A turbo that's on my list)

GTX2860R with an ATP .64 T3 turbine housing and ultimate wastegate on a 90+. It has the low end grunt of a 15G.

I ran the 2 with a stock intake for a bit, big difference over the K over 5k. My limiter is 6850. It's definitely more civilized than the 3 which itself isn't that bad

I ran the stage 2 straight up and it was strong up beyond 6k. I always chalked up power falling off as being due to the tiny td04hl turbine housing.

I ran the 2 with a stock intake for a bit, big difference over the K over 5k. My limiter is 6850. It's definitely more civilized than the 3 which itself isn't that bad

I ran the stage 2 straight up and it was strong up beyond 6k. I always chalked up power falling off as being due to the tiny td04hl turbine housing.

Interesting. Guess the next thing is to run a straight pipe and see what it do.

What kind of valve clearances did you guys have?

Back