• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

No forward gears on trans swap

Why would anybody even own an auto-tragique?
They are a mystery, they work mysteriously and they don't work mysteriously..
Half this work and you could have been driving with a nice T5 in the car....

Not too late.
Drop the bitch, and make the switch.

!!

Why would anybody even own an auto-tragique?
They are a mystery, they work mysteriously and they don't work mysteriously..
Half this work and you could have been driving with a nice T5 in the car....

Not too late.
Drop the bitch, and make the switch.

If i had an autotragique i wouldnt be changing a clutch right now!!

Do you guys think this could be a valve body issue? That is the only thing I could think of. I dont know why that would be the cause but I did the accumulator mod and everything went back together fine. could I have forgotten something? Does the cable that was holding the valve body together effect its forward moving capabilities? I really don't want to have to put the old one in. One more thing. Does the fact that its a 90+ have anything to do with it, I assumed it wouldn't.

i still think it's linkage, otherwise the shifter would not have been way up under the cd player when in park...i'm right to think that? did you try taking the linkage apart and putting both the car and the trans in park then putting the linkage back together?

Maybe you messed up the accumulator mod? Try putting new accumulators in without doing the mod. Not sure but the aw70 ones might work in the aw71.

if the car starts and it runs and shifts into reverse your linkage is probably okay, i had a linkage break in my old 240 and the car wouldnt even start because it didnt know if it was in park or not

O M F G I am such a dumbass!!!! I am pretty sure I didn't put those black pipes back in
photo5.jpg

Those...pretty sure I took them out and didn't put them back in:doh:

Back