• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

4 bar FPR

Mike Allen

Da' Pipe Fitter.
I understand that some Dodge Turbo cars uses one that can be a direct fit for the turbo Brick motors. I was given a Bosch# 280 160 260 and a MoPar # of 4306015 437. I find them at O'Reilly, AutoZone and Advance in prices ranging from $29 to $75

Anyone used this one and what car did you look it up for. Auto parts personal can't do anything without a vehicle.

Ever walk in to a parts house and ask for a universal widget? First thing out of their mount is "What kind of vehicle?" (sigh)

I have never used one, but I know others have. For the life of me, I can't remember what car they are in.

Mopar part #4306015 came on various models in the late 80s and early 90s model cars with 2.2 turbo and non turbo motors. You can reference a 1988 chrysler lebaron with a 2.2 turbo or go into your local NAPA auto parts and give them the part # they can usually cross reference into a napa part # for you. That is a discontinued part through Mopar but the cost used to be $105.00.

junkyard. last time i went and actively looked for one, i found two. there were other cars with them, but didnt really need more than two.

I've got one in my car, tonight I'll check to see if there's any part numbers on it that you could reference.

Do not get aftermarket

I got an aftermarket 4 bar FPR and it was leaking gas at the seams after about 6 months. Do yourself a favor and get the real Bosch part at rockauto or similar. You can go adjustable I suppose but unless you are doing some serious racing and tuning I do not see how that knob would really help anyone other than tweaking the wallet.

According to rockauto the regulator 0280160260 fits the following cars:

CHRYSLER LEBARON 1988
CHRYSLER LEBARON GTS 1988
CHRYSLER NEW YORKER TURBO 1988
CHRYSLER TOWN & COUNTRY 1988
DODGE 600 SE 1988
DODGE CHARGER SHELBY 1987
DODGE DAYTONA 1988
DODGE DAYTONA IROC R/T (1992 - 1993)
DODGE DAYTONA PACIFICA 1988
DODGE DAYTONA SHELBY Z (1987 - 1988)
DODGE LANCER 1988
DODGE LANCER ES 1988
DODGE SHADOW 1988
DODGE SPIRIT R/T (1991 - 1992)
PLYMOUTH CARAVELLE 1988
PLYMOUTH CARAVELLE SE 1988
PLYMOUTH SUNDANCE (1987 - 1988)

Mike

Last edited:
I got an aftermarket 4 bar FPR and it was leaking gas at the seams after about 6 months. Do yourself a favor and get the real Bosch part at rockauto or similar. You can go adjustable I suppose but unless you are doing some serious racing and tuning I do not see how that knob would really help anyone other than tweaking the wallet.

Mike

Well if youre gonna be running higher boost and looking to have the most power. you can run 4bar. When you want more economy and are gonna run less boost then you can go back to 3bar.

I have a 2 level adjustable boost controller so it would work great with it.

There's also a Porsche regulator that's 3.5bar that can be used on the Volvo fuel rail. Bosch part # 0 280 160 263. As well as a 3.8 bar one #0 280 160 287.

Looking at NAPAs website the stock Volvo turbo FPR is 44.2 psi (3.047477 BAR) the Dodge FPR 55.1 psi (3.799004 BAR) so is approx 10 psi (0.751527 BAR) enough to make a real difference?

And what's up with the WILD spread in price from place to place?

Adjustable is tempting but I want something that is plug and play.

Looking at NAPAs website the stock Volvo turbo FPR is 44.2 psi (3.047477 BAR) the Dodge FPR 55.1 psi (3.799004 BAR) so is approx 10 psi (0.751527 BAR) enough to make a real difference?

Gee, only 25 % more fuel pressure? yea, that won't work at all. :roll:

And what's up with the WILD spread in price from place to place?

Capitalism at it's finest. Also, OEM is more expensive than after market some times.

Adjustable is tempting but I want something that is plug and play.

I agree, the 4bar FPR works fine.

I've got a MVP RRFPR that I'll sell 75$ shipped. It increases the rate at which the fuel pressure rises as boost rises. PM me for pics.

I got my Bosch xxx 0260 from FCP Groton a few years ago for $85

It needs a sleeve to fit the orig rubber fuel line, which is 8mm IIRC, and the above is a 6 mm barb. I took a short section of black plastic tubing (K-Jet type fuel line) and it fits perfect.

The FPR has a rubber diaphragm so if you pull a 20 yr old one from a junker chances are it's gonna leak. Get a new one, the Bosch holds up better.

The 4 bar didn't make much difference with stock yellow top injectors on the N/A, but made a real difference with the 16v white top injectors, esp at higher rpm's.

Back