• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvos in Movies!!!

Also, there is a 240 limo in the German Foreign Film, The Lives of Others

yeah, ive seen that one (In German though - Das Leben der Anderen). Exterior shots are of a Volvo 260, interior of some big Mercedes.

In the Swedish "Wallander" detective series+movies there are also a lot of Volvo's :-P

Rachael McAdams and Eric Bana get freaky in a 7XX wagon in The Time Traveler's Wife.. coincidentally i was wearing my " practice safe sex, do it in a volvo" shirt when i saw it

Watched the indie film Swedish Auto last night on IFC: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800228/

Incredible 123GT in the movie, which the lead character fixes up himself in his spare time while working at a independent Volvo repair shop. Car looked like crap when he started, and it came out incredible when he was done (obviously a "hero" car swap out). The story itself is actually pretty good, though the lead characters are a bit Emo. It moves a bit slow, but it gives the viewer time to really get deep into character development, and identify with their shortcomings. The film got rave reviews, and considering it was made on a very low budget ($700k), it's actually quite well executed.

The GT is at :48-:50 and again at :58...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hCw1-t4pCL8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Princess Diaries... I know its a dumb movie, but there is a really nice 244 in the beginning. By the looks of the grill it might even be a turbo;-)

Oh, and the 244 in yes man... It has the coolest spoiler Ive ever seen!!!

Green 855 turbo in Portlandia (ep 1)
Silver XC90 in Four brothers
Yellow 144 in Christine
Maroon XC70 in The Whitest Kids You Know (ep ?)
Silver S70 in 101 Ways The Things a Girl Will Do To Keep Her Volvo
Blue 740 GLE in War Dog
Green 855 in From Paris With Love
Maroon C70 in The Saint
I know there is more.... just drawing a blank and dont wanna bring up twiligh..... ah son of a bitch!:grrr:

Not a movie, but there is a Volvo in almost every other episode of The Unit. Also I do see a Volvo in every other movie I watch. Hollywood Loves Volvos. Hippies.

Old thread back from the dead, Ill add something.

Innerspace, chase scene with a black 760. Car looks, and probably was, brand new at the time.

more current...
Fun Size, looks like it has a 245 in it.

Back