• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Pusher fan doesn't seem to bolt up

eurotrash940

To start with, I made an ASSumption. This was my first mistake...

I pulled a pusher fan off a 1993 in a JY, hoping to just bolt it right in my 1990. Last night, about 10pm I took my grill out and started to fit the bracket in there...no dice.

All I pulled from the JY is the cage/fan assembly, and the brackets attached directly to the cage assembly. I didn't notice any other brackets, but I could have missed them for some reason or (again) ASSumed the Swedes made everything backwards compatible to the nth degree.

Any advice here? Not worried about debating the need for this or any wiring related questions - solely a fitment issue.

Thanks in advance!

Brandon

If you took the fan off a 1993 240, it will fit on your 1990. The latch support already has the hole pre punched for the center bracket. The passenger side of the core support already has that hole pre punched as well. You are going to have to drill one hole in the top panel of the core support for the bracket that attaches there.

Awesome! I need to go back and grab the horn support, and both the round, one-bolt hole brackets in the first few pics - easier than fabbing one.

Ok...I knew I wasn't crazy that this thingie looked like it need extra brackets.

I actually installed one from a '92 into my '82. That was a bit of a mod-job but anything 86+ 240 should bolt right up with the necessary parts from the donor car. Good Luck!

Back