• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

242 c63 amg v8

Hey! My opinion! With a **** tonne of truth. Have you driven anything from SL/S/E/CL/CLS blown or not with the 55 or NA with the 63? Unless you're dogboxing it I doubt you can shift faster than the A/T that's in there.

The problem is the mercedes is beyond complicated, it has lots of sensors and electrical gadgets that make the wiring insane, i dont need any of it,

it runs through a series of sensor checks and if something is not right then it wont fire up, or select gear ?

so to get the tiptronic trans working without all the electric stuff is near on impossible and would cost an arm and a leg, and i want a manual,

I want it simple and minimum electrical madness :rofl:

Hey! My opinion! With a **** tonne of truth. Have you driven anything from SL/S/E/CL/CLS blown or not with the 55 or NA with the 63? Unless you're dogboxing it I doubt you can shift faster than the A/T that's in there.

Id love to do a blown merc v8 motor in something,

I could do a 245 wagon ?

Our CLS550 is pretty damn quick with the stock 7 speed auto, but I don't go drag racing it for money or bragging rights so who cares if it would be a tad bit slower with a manual transmission?

If you are racing the car and you can be quicker with the manual transmission it helps prove you a better driver! Any idiot can drive an automatic and look halfway talented.

OP, got a weight on that motor and transmission combo?

I too like the billet bell housing, would love to see the equipment you made that on, did you have to pay full retail price for that billet? Not cheap I bet if you did.

Id love to do a blown merc v8 motor in something,

I could do a 245 wagon ?

A blown 245 would be seriously insane!

That blown rasp is to die for!
my buddy's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-dK6fvWV4A
I adore that sound... It's the newest car I would ever consider getting :rofl:

ps: the reason I said no one does MT swap into benzes of that caliber is that there is no use, seeing the performance of the AT.

for those seeking more info on the 7g at tranny: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_7G-Tronic_transmission

Our CLS550 is pretty damn quick with the stock 7 speed auto, but I don't go drag racing it for money or bragging rights so who cares if it would be a tad bit slower with a manual transmission?

If you are racing the car and you can be quicker with the manual transmission it helps prove you a better driver! Any idiot can drive an automatic and look halfway talented.

OP, got a weight on that motor and transmission combo?

I too like the billet bell housing, would love to see the equipment you made that on, did you have to pay full retail price for that billet? Not cheap I bet if you did.

I know for a fact while working with a buddy with an E55 swap that the m113 (blown motor) comes down to a bit over 175kg with a few drops of fluid, everything on except the deco plastics all over the top but still fully garnished.

It's quite light considering I weigh 101kg (222.5lbs) so engine 385.9lbs.

Quick research shows that the m156 is 199.3kg so 440lbs.

They are expensive, but so would paying an auto electrician to use the merc wiring and ecu, without all the electrical gizmos.
He speaks the truth :-P

Best wishes to you Paul, would be awesome to see this come to fruition much like the Dual Engine 850.

A blown 245 would be seriously insane!

That blown rasp is to die for!
my buddy's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-dK6fvWV4A
I adore that sound... It's the newest car I would ever consider getting :rofl:

ps: the reason I said no one does MT swap into benzes of that caliber is that there is no use, seeing the performance of the AT.

for those seeking more info on the 7g at tranny: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_7G-Tronic_transmission

That is what you want your old volvo sounding like !

That sounds like a lion roaring !

You will definitely be scaring children and senior citizens with a sound like that.:cool:

I know for a fact while working with a buddy with an E55 swap that the m113 (blown motor) comes down to a bit over 175kg with a few drops of fluid, everything on except the deco plastics all over the top but still fully garnished.

It's quite light considering I weigh 101kg (222.5lbs) so engine 385.9lbs.

Quick research shows that the m156 is 199.3kg so 440lbs.

All i know is its heavy.... very !

Back