• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Oopse, I did it again... AGAIN!

Chris_R

Kickin' rocks in sandals
Yes, it has happened again... Another wagon has followed me home to the Volvo Rescue Center and Donut Shoppe.
All thanks to tacogremlin (Cody) for everything.

Here she is in Lake City, Florida looking a little salmon/coral colored.
100_0835.jpg

100_0836.jpg

But for 500 bucks and sporting a list of goodies like a 94 B230FT and a 15g I wasn't going to let a little faded paint deter me.

She was having some mechanical issues though. Really running poorly, like every bit of timing was being pulled. She still let me run at/near 80 all the way home - just didn't like hills much.
Found and fixed most of the problems this morning. The knock sensor and IAC connections were crossed and the wastegate for the 15g was loose. Both of those things corrected and she pulls pretty hard and the boost gauge goes clean off the end of the yellow!
Still needs some work cuz it feels that something isn't quite right, but I'll get it.

The salmon color was bugging me so I braved the 40+ MPH winds and chilly weather to wax the top-half today.
100_0862.jpg

Keep in mind that the doors aren't waxed yet. :oogle:
100_0863.jpg

100_0864.jpg

Last edited:
Chris, I'm coming to get my car! I'm super jealous of how nice it is already. I also feel like a total idiot because of the things that you fixed already :oops: . Can't wait to see how she turns out and if you have any questions about it you know you can call me anytime. Enjoy her as much as I miss her already.

Yeah, running out of room in the sig and the driveway...
100_0868.jpg

Someone buy the 850!

I used some Turtle Wax Polishing Compound and NXT wax. Needs a few more coats and the tailgate needs debadged before I wax it.

The wife was actually excited about the trip and is happy that we have a red car now. :lol:

Nah, no mood swing - just getting out of the FWD business. I factored this car into the equation before I posted the FWD for sale.

As for the Kia... we all have our cross to bear. :-P

Been trying to get the wife to sell that for a while.

Last edited:
No you own a KIA I hate working on those vans such a PITA. You have to replace the timing belt every 60k, and is such a PITA to line up the cam gears. The wagons look hawt!

Well when get to debadging let me know I have to finish doing mine, I got to get the 3m tape they used off, and its fighting me...lol

I use a heat gun to loosen it and some Ooops to loosen the glue.

What do you charge for a Kia timing belt? We seem to be overdue. :oops:

Last edited:
I use a heat gun to loosen it and some Opps to loosen it.

What do you charge for a Kia timing belt? We seem to be overdue. :oops:
To be honest I will past on that but the dealership charged from I can remember is like almost 400.00 I think. Becareful they like to snap, and if it does your 100k warranty won't cover it, cause lack of maintence. I can help you if like to learn.

Looks like a nice line up there. I will be taking my turn signals off my cars so don't bother coming over here to snag em.:-P

To be honest I will past on that but the dealership charged from I can remember is like almost 400.00 I think. Becareful they like to snap, and if it does your 100k warranty won't cover it, cause lack of maintence. I can help you if like to learn.

**** it, it's a Kia, who cares, let it break. Is that the 740 wagon that was for sale in Tampa? I was seriously thinking of buying that car for a DD. Anyway nice car, hope you get it fixed and have fun with it:cool:

Chris, I'm coming to get my car! I'm super jealous of how nice it is already. I also feel like a total idiot because of the things that you fixed already :oops: . Can't wait to see how she turns out and if you have any questions about it you know you can call me anytime. Enjoy her as much as I miss her already.

Don't feel too bad - I had to compare the connections with my other 740 to be sure - and that black plug is meant to be disconnected (except on Regina cars).
It makes perfect sense now though. Remember how I said it felt like timing was being pulled waaaay back? The knock sensor was 'listening' to the IAC motor (or it was shorted) so the ECM must have thought it was knocking like a bitch!

You helped me solve the lack-of-power though when you said that you had adjusted the wastegate to make it driveable.

Now to get the cold start fixed and the temp gauge... has that ever worked since the motor swap?

**** it, it's a Kia, who cares, let it break. Is that the 740 wagon that was for sale in Tampa? I was seriously thinking of buying that car for a DD. Anyway nice car, hope you get it fixed and have fun with it:cool:

Yep, Cody had it up for sale down in Tampa. I got lucky and got my 'dibs' on it first. :rofl:

Hey Mike, are the Kias interference motors?

Back