• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Show your paint code!

Volvo 173, never been repainted.

17570-f392399cb5264e3e38de15265ab0b818_large.jpg

Can anyone tell me the code for my car? It's a '79 and does not have the paint code on the spec plate.
Snotrocket_Sirius_Oct_2016.jpg

Here is someone else's picture who lives in a sunnier place, same color, better picture:
37f6d9dded2626e5a6574787d837e12f.jpg

Any clues on what specific product or type of paint to get to fix some collision damage? I love the single stage paint and would like to find something compatible. Looks like I'll be gearing up with a proper spray gun. Best primer to use underneath?

Thanks!

^Code 132. IIRC, it's a two or three year only paint color, but not as rare as the 1980-81 GL/GLE/GLT 147 green.

With respect to the source, I'd check with a body shop and find out where they'd recommend you get the paint from.

-J

I'd love if someone could tell me what mine is!

strut tower plate:
UJUNgGk.jpg

The car:
uRSlOD6.jpg

back of the gas door. 122 on the left, 137 center, tinted 137 on the right. I can't figure out what color the thing is.
NTvxLzs.jpg

If you're still wondering, it's 137 Artesia Beige.

Same color as my original 242, shown in the TBOT members' cars thread.

-J

^Code 132. IIRC, it's a two or three year only paint color, but not as rare as the 1980-81 GL/GLE/GLT 147 green.

With respect to the source, I'd check with a body shop and find out where they'd recommend you get the paint from.

-J

Huh, according to https://www.volvoclub.org.uk/paint_colour_codes.shtml
132 is "Marine blue/Dark blue"
Did you mean 123 "Shenandoah green/Medium green"?

Thanks for the reply!

I haven't seen it on many other 240s, but I've seen two 142s with the exact same colour green. Maybe a pallet of old paint that Sven the janitor misplaced was discovered and used up in the late seventies.

123 is a grass green.

Discontinued in 1978.

It may be 133. There's a guy selling a '79 242DL on the Seattle CL in your color. The sticker showing the paint code on his car was on the passenger door where later cars have the tire pressure and size decal. It's possible that Halifax put it there on your car, instead of the usual spot on the upper tie bar of the radiator core support for the 1979-80 cars.

This may be of help, btw...

http://www.volvo200.org/kleuren_usa_eng.htm

-J

123 is the color of the front door on this 145E I owned many years ago. It looks similar to yours, but a little darker and more yellow. Rest of the car was 110 Cypress Green.

-J

Here?s a ?93, ?90 and ?88. All #601 red.

Very cool, had no idea they made the color as far back as 1988.

Still begs the question if there was any other color Volvo put out that could be confused with the #601 Signal Red. I ask because as much info as I put in front of a friend buying a #601 signal red hood off a 1993 245 is still highly concerned that this could be a different paint code then her 1993 245. I'd assume I am safe, but then again, I am an a$$ to assume.

Back