• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

eabras - volvo 740 with b21, holset and vems

Dropbox links are dead, and now photobucket followed suit...

4bar fpr from some 80's dodge fitted, and headgasket changed

GT9ctmM.jpg

RnmT63p.jpg

Still going strong. Someone wanted a video of how it pulls, so I used my mobile phone to capture this. Keep in mind i just fitted a chrysler/dodge 4bar fpr, and just turned down the entire ve-table a few points. It runs pretty rich (10.4), and builds boost a tad slower than usual. I bet there is more power to be had by proper tuning.

Third gear on a flat road
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15wZ6j2AjMk

1MQLgcz.jpg

Tomorrow is dyno day! Goal is to make over 300whp and somewhere around 350-370lb-ft. Had to ditch the walbro for a deatchwerks dw300. The walbro couldn't provide enough fuel with the new fpr and high boost (even with the reliefe valve mod).

I suppose it started when the vr-sensor went bananas. Got triggererrors, detonation and blew the headgasket. Changed hg and sensor, made decent power on the dyno and used it as a daily driver for a month before it let go. AFR's are around 10.5-11, plenty of fuel

BCgtLxS.jpg

Yep, m-rods don't like detonation, coolant in the cylinders and high boost all at the same time.

The plan is to just get another bone stock b21et shortblock (much the same as the american b21ft - 7,5:1 compression), change distributor to one with hall-sensor pickup, use a b21 flat flywheel with a sachs race engineering pp from e30 m3, sintered disk and a four speed getrag 262. I also have a new camshaft waiting, and I'm also contemplating doing som slight headwork.

Nothing fancy, but hoping for a little more torque and slightly larger/wider powerband compared to the dynograph on the previous page.

Plans changed, couldn't find a good b21et shortblock around here. So the new plan is to use a b230f bottom end, with 149mm h-beam rods and stock b230f pistons. Going from stock length (152mm) to 149mm lowers the compression ratio to 7.62:1 :)

Back