• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Very unhappy with turbobricks TAB tool

Yea dont remember the name. The bottom line is if you’re going to buy this tool you’re going to need the extra hardware. Really after the cost of the tool with shipping plus the extra hardware (which is hard to get bc most places that sell these grade bolts don't sell to individuals, only businesses) you’re better off buying the volvo tool for $90 on fcpeuro

If the volvo tool is $90 that is almost half the price it use to be. When I bought mine I paid about $175 for it. Do a couple of TAB jobs for some other folks and that will pay for the tool.

If the volvo tool is $90 that is almost half the price it use to be. When I bought mine I paid about $175 for it. Do a couple of TAB jobs for some other folks and that will pay for the tool.

Maybe Volvo is sourcing it from Alibaba express now?

Don't these bushings press in one way? Seems I remember that they do. When I did them on the race car, they went in easy one direction and nearly impossible the other (either from the inside or the outside, I don't remember which). It's not something I knew but something I found out, then later I think I looked it up and that was in fact the case.

I'm not saying you didn't know this, I just don't see it mentioned.

In just one job the bolt and nut threads are done and the tool wont actually ?press? when it comes time. After starting on my second job I was barely able to remove the first but got it. Now after 4 hours of just trying the second one, when it comes time to press the nut and bolt wont even turn, even with a 2 foot breaker bar!

This is ridiculous and has wasted my day. I shouldn?t have to spend time trying to find a replacement bolt and nut after one trailing arm bushing job.

Do the hardware stores even carry an 8? grade 8 bolt. Lowes gave me a galvanized steel 8? that snapped right in the middle after little pressure

Did you put bearing grease on the bolt?

Don’t you guys just cut the rubber out with a hole saw and cut the sleeve out with a sawzall?

Yeah DIY tool didn't work for getting old one out. Sawzalled the old one. Press did work for installing new bushing.

I made my own tool and I used a spring center bolt for a truck [1/2"] it had enough threads[8+"] for the job. Also use a long/high nut used on the U bolts on springs.

Letting the old rubber fall out, cleaning the remains out and popping in a poly bush is much less hassle.

You should not really be snapping the bolt removing the old bushes but it is hardly something to bitch about and only a simple and easy to find bolt.

If pressing them out they want a good clean of the outside first and a soaking in oil before you start the job

Back