• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Shipping an M41

svinkle

Does anyone have photos and/or advice for crating and shipping an M41 w/OD? I'm trying to facilitate getting one from MD to me in OR. Slow shipping is fine, just looking for the safest easiest cheapest :roll:

You can used 2-3 HF moving blankets underneath the transmission, pieces of 4 by 4's and some ratchet straps to hold it on the pallet and a short piece of PCV on the input shaft to give it a little more protection.

Here is an engine crated up:

IMG_5164 by Matt Bonaime, on Flickr

Here is what Hi Performance Auto does. It's super solid.

IMG_7474 by Matt Bonaime, on Flickr

IMG_7475 by Matt Bonaime, on Flickr

IMG_7476 by Matt Bonaime, on Flickr

Please crate it. I sent an m45 and the box was damaged in transit and now it's being returned to me(what a joy). I always crate large items(heads, engines, transmissions). It's very easy to build crate if you have a circular saw and a screw gun.

Last edited:
Set up an account with Schneider through their orange hub portal. You'll be happy you did.
But I 100% agree on crating it. I just had a pallet of sheet metal from VP get hit in transit. Thankfully everything was very well packed but it still cut through3 layers of thick cardboard and shrink wrap. It was hard enough to cause everything on the pallet to lean a little.

I’d personally send it through UPS freight, in my experience theyll bang it up the least out of all the freight carriers. If they damage something I promise it was a genuine accident, stay as far away from fedex as possible tho. The fedex guy I work with literally kicks freight out of his truck instead of walking 4 ft to me

I’d personally send it through UPS freight, in my experience theyll bang it up the least out of all the freight carriers. If they damage something I promise it was a genuine accident, stay as far away from fedex as possible tho. The fedex guy I work with literally kicks freight out of his truck instead of walking 4 ft to me

:uh:

I've had good luck with crated transmissions on Fedex.

I?d personally send it through UPS freight, in my experience theyll bang it up the least out of all the freight carriers. If they damage something I promise it was a genuine accident, stay as far away from fedex as possible tho. The fedex guy I work with literally kicks freight out of his truck instead of walking 4 ft to me

I had a reasonably good experience with fedex freight shipping an M410, normal fedex on the other hand...

I receive fedex ground 5 days a week and no matter which fedex employee it is they all treat the boxes like crap while every UPS driver I’ve had has handed me every box, must be training

I receive fedex ground 5 days a week and no matter which fedex employee it is they all treat the boxes like crap while every UPS driver I?ve had has handed me every box, must be training

Fed ex has independent drivers. Ups does not. This is how its always been. Drivers can lie and say packages have been delivered when they have not(this has happen on multiple ocassions). Ups always has the best service.

Back