• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

HUB's 1968 122s Wagon Project

Good Morning,

More pictures of why the pickup tube needs modified. Also the baffle inside the B20 pan needs be modified. I did some crude cuts on a bad pan to use as example.

UPDATE: Pictures lost due to S***** Photobucket.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Turbo Manifold

Morning Everyone,

So... I ordered an eBay manifold for the swap:poo:. Also have a 90+ manifold on its way. Wanted both to see what kind of room I have, what kind of plumbing will need to be done, etc. The eBay one will need modified if I keep it ( the flange needs flipped due to it blocking the spark plugs). I think either one will need to be modified regardless...
9RmJe86l.jpg

WGnFKIql.jpg

bhBvszwl.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
I believe it's designed that way for support.

Thanks,

I'd counter it's designed that way for ease of manufacture. The way it's done now, they don't have to worry about locating all four flanges with a weld fixture, they can just clamp in one piece and start welding. High-end turbo manifolds, like this one from Full Race, often have the flange cut into four parts post-welding to allow for thermal expansion once installed.

mitsubishi-evo-4-9-4g63-t3-prostreet-turbo-manifold-2-1.jpg

I'd counter it's designed that way for ease of manufacture. The way it's done now, they don't have to worry about locating all four flanges with a weld fixture, they can just clamp in one piece and start welding. High-end turbo manifolds, like this one from Full Race, often have the flange cut into four parts post-welding to allow for thermal expansion once installed.

That's what I was thinking. It'd be easier to cut those pieces out than to cut the whole flange off and weld it back on the other way.

Well got the old pump back to see what adjustments need to be made. Going to have it leveled off and take about another 1/2" out.

UPDATE: Pictures lost due to S***** Photobucket.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Evening everyone,

Tonight we put together the B230 motor. Things went smooth. Enjoy the pictures!

Of course, the newf helped too!
dgV9jo6l.jpg

jem9UECl.jpg

PNHFRKzl.jpg

8uJvcVhl.jpg

kKGFLlml.jpg

kgY6zJfl.jpg

E0FWvepl.jpg

XJrzoY1l.jpg

fq0c8dIl.jpg

41orVXgl.jpg

d0LmTOul.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
Curious if you're going to be able to access the spark plugs with the manifold like that. Also- is there enough room in the 122 engine bay to run the downpipe?

Curious if you're going to be able to access the spark plugs with the manifold like that. Also- is there enough room in the 122 engine bay to run the downpipe?

Doubt I'll keep this manifold due to that. If I do, it will be modified. No idea if there Will be enough room. Will know more once the engine is in.

Thanks,

I will. As I have said before, I will put the current turbo I have on first. I know the turbo will need to be upgraded to meet that final goal. I know I will not hit that at first. When I want to make more power (closer to my goal), I'll upgrade.

Thanks,

Evening everyone,

Well the old mounts bolt right up with the adapters. However, they're not going to work without some modification.
9T1ME2hl.jpg

Maybe for the left side, could use some spacers at the top to force the mount down?

Painted the transmission today since I had an extra can.
svaNC69l.jpg

2RbRa7Wl.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
Looking great. The guys with the 122 lemons car have a good picture of the modified engine mount. Looked super simple to do from what I remember...

I'll see if I can find it

Back