• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Eurosport vs ipd

rallyvovo

300+ Member
300+ Club
I see that eurosport has a sale on their sport lowering springs. Red ones. they are at $199 (225 not on sale), but my questions is are they the same as better, or worse than ipd sport springs? ANyone have experience with the way either handle comparatively? ipd's are at $228.
I would most likely use BIlstein struts/shocks with them

They're both soft and only good for looks. :-P

I'd go with the cheaper ones, as I think they are better given the two choices.

i 2nd that emotion

Sounds good fellas. I love "da board" As long as the eurosport arent obnoxiously stiff....
another though...anyone know how to tighten up volvo steering? 85 740 that be

so if the eurpsort and the TME (IPD) springs are both too soft then what would be the best set up on the market? coming from a project car that had a million choices it is hard finding out what parts are actually worth it for the volvo considering not many people modify these cars. I would rather have the performance and handling of the car rather than the looks.
do they even make a coil over set up for the 240?

240 JAH said:
so if the eurpsort and the TME (IPD) springs are both too soft then what would be the best set up on the market? coming from a project car that had a million choices it is hard finding out what parts are actually worth it for the volvo considering not many people modify these cars. I would rather have the performance and handling of the car rather than the looks.
do they even make a coil over set up for the 240?

Peter Linsen once told me, no performance part is worth the money. You just forget about that and enjoy it.

Yes, I believe there are coilovers.

How does a lowered 245 handle in snow? Been curious about getting springs, and now that I have all the tools to install them, I figure shouldn't be too much of a hassle now. I even have a nice Bilstien HD shock setup at all corners to go along with em.

Will the car get stuck more often?

well i didnt exactly mean worth the money but more like worth my time on installing these peices on the car. I dont want somthing just because it lookes good or does somthing slightly good. I want to buy parts that I can actually trust to be engineered properly for the car. parts that will gain benefits instead of losing them. I made the mistake of buying cheeper coil overs for my SER one time. BAD MISTAKE> it made the car worse. LOOKED DAMN GOOD took corners like crap. everyone sais the parts are engineered good but thats hard to beleive them all. I looked into the TME springs and they seem to be engineered properly for the car. but if some of you say they are kinda soft them i dont want to waste the time on puting them on the car.

own6volvos said:
How does a lowered 245 handle in snow? Been curious about getting springs, and now that I have all the tools to install them, I figure shouldn't be too much of a hassle now. I even have a nice Bilstien HD shock setup at all corners to go along with em.

Will the car get stuck more often?

it should just cause the car to have less ground clearence i dont beleive you would get stuck more. but who knows ive only driven lowered FWD cars in the snow and they did fine. ive only driven stock volvos in the snow.

Right now I don't mind my cornering abilities with stock springs and HD's all around (25/25 sways). I figure a little lowering and a slightly stiffer feel will do the volvo good.

How is your Swedish?
www.sellholm.com
This is how to spend lots for the very best.
If your Swedish is good you can find ads on the internet for any manner of spring rate and length to sit right on your stock spring perch. I used 'em to very good effect in my rallycar before I got fast enough to utterly run out of brakes. I would get the Volvo R-Sport dampners to go with these springs........552197 and 552198 if memory serves. 'Extra firm for race and rally' is the flavor you want. If you get the wayyy expensive (cool) Sellholm setup you will have no need for the R-Sport stuff.
Have fun!!

I've got the est springs and i think they are great, they are alot stiffer than the ipd's but they do not ride that badly even with bilstien hd's. The only thing that i do not like about the est springs is that they sit a little to high for my tastes in the rear. I would deffinetly reccomend the est springs. You would have to replace your stock shocks because even the bilstiens have a had time keeping up with the est's.

James

The sellholm stuff is spiffy. I'm making some similar stuff. :evil:
A 245 is fine in the snow regardless of suspension assuming you have proper tires. 240's in snow are also better ABOVE 30mph or so. accelerate until it goes sideways and then just leave it there. 240's are hilarious because they seem to be the most stable when they look completely out of control from the viewpoint of innocent passerby. My car is just dandy in the snow.

For springs the est are your best bet if you don't want coilovers. Towery likes oversprung cars becuase he has a secret VW hard-on. :-P

Oh John, your K cam will actually ship tomorrow assuming I don't get too sidetracked- i have an interview at Brian Jessel BMW tomorrow. JA! Feex zee krautcan!

Just a quick plug for a site, www.eshocks.com

I got my Bilstein HD Shocks and Struts there. When I got the struts I got free shipping because it was over $200(I bought the shocks and struts at different times, although very close together). Anyways I had 0 problems with the whole ordering process both times.

So are the rear springs for a wagon stiffer? (can you see where i'm going with this.... :-D )

Captain Bondo said:
The sellholm stuff is spiffy. I'm making some similar stuff. :evil:
A 245 is fine in the snow regardless of suspension assuming you have proper tires. 240's in snow are also better ABOVE 30mph or so. accelerate until it goes sideways and then just leave it there. 240's are hilarious because they seem to be the most stable when they look completely out of control from the viewpoint of innocent passerby. My car is just dandy in the snow.

For springs the est are your best bet if you don't want coilovers. Towery likes oversprung cars becuase he has a secret VW hard-on. :-P

Oh John, your K cam will actually ship tomorrow assuming I don't get too sidetracked- i have an interview at Brian Jessel BMW tomorrow. JA! Feex zee krautcan!

Cool Kenny. The Hornetcar MAY get a spiffy bottom end too...........Thanks bud.

Oh.......240's are hillarious in the snow. Limited slip and REAL snow tires with studs for many grins.

JL.

Back