• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Wagon hatch wiper motors

Harlard

Hurlurd?Harland?Bueller?
300+ Club
I found that late model 245 hatch wiper motors are NLA pretty much everywhere. Do you guys know of any motors that can be made to fit more or less easily?

If you got the bracket or redrilled the bracket. You could probably use an earlier motor. The early motors I always thought looked like Beetle front wiper motors. But I never put them up to each other to check if it could be used.

For the early style motor I am referring to. I think it was what I have in my 1969 145 and as I recall what was in my brothers 1975 245. Don't know when that changed to the newer style motor.

Waa hoping to buy a new one as I have aldeady tried several old ones and they seem to all be on borrowd time due to repeated hatch slammage.

Also Ken, as far as I can tell they are NLA from Volvo. Otherwise I would not be asking.

If you got the bracket or redrilled the bracket. You could probably use an earlier motor. The early motors I always thought looked like Beetle front wiper motors. But I never put them up to each other to check if it could be used.

For the early style motor I am referring to. I think it was what I have in my 1969 145 and as I recall what was in my brothers 1975 245. Don't know when that changed to the newer style motor.

I had a bread loaf motor but the linkage was gone.

Waa hoping to buy a new one as I have aldeady tried several old ones and they seem to all be on borrowd time due to repeated hatch slammage.

Also Ken, as far as I can tell they are NLA from Volvo. Otherwise I would not be asking.

IMO, they are quite reliable. In all the 240s I've owned, only one has had a bad hatch wiper motor. That was a 1983 Turbo wagon and the motor had quit/seized due to lack of use. All the rest of the countless wagons I have owned they worked perfectly.

IMO, they are quite reliable. In all the 240s I've owned, only one has had a bad hatch wiper motor. That was a 1983 Turbo wagon and the motor had quit/seized due to lack of use. All the rest of the countless wagons I have owned they worked perfectly.

+1 Never had a problem, although I once sold a 145 tailgate motor that somebody successfully adapted to a mid cycle 245.

I suspect operator error.

Back