• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Squirterizational mod RENTAL KIT for INCREASED PERFORMANCE

yeee yeee i guess just pm me when your finished and ill give you my address,,,

JohnV,

Mind if I get the kit after volvo-slyder?? I pass by his house almost everyday on my way to work....motor is ready, just need the squirters and the kit....

tried calling you a while ago today...phone rang, rang and rang :)

Last edited:
JohnV,

Mind if I get the kit after volvo-slyder?? I pass by his house almost everyday on my way to work....motor is ready, just need the squirters and the kit....

tried calling you a while ago today...phone rang, rang and rang :)

Sure, no problem.

Call in the morning about 0930, today drove wifey and a friend to a Job Fair and minded the kiddies while they looked for work.

Just a side note for those doing this. Wait until you have the crank and rods in before putting the final torque to these things with red loctite. It is a close fit in there if you have not shaved your crank down to nothing.

Thanks JV for making and loaning this kit out.

yea thanks Jon V went really good , only took like an hour

kit is now with mueller as of yesterday...

finally found time to use the kit....did my B230 block and an extra B21F block I had laying around (for sale?? :) )

JohnV, I'll send the kit back to you on Friday.....PM'd you the UPS tracking number on 8/08/08 :)

Attachments

• 2 squirter blocks.jpg
    2 squirter blocks.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,117
Last edited:
mueller and VolvoSlyder, I sent the squirters to Slyder-boy Priority mail today.

Got the kit back.

Hey are all the Pommes ready to borrow the kit?

cool.....wanted to make a nice bag/pouch for the kit, ran out of time....showed one of my blocks to the engine machine shop today, he was impressed !!!!

High Volume oil pump

Hello Marc and All:
I was just reading John V's write up on squirters. A useful writeup John, thanks. I've just installed a built up '93 B230FT engine in my car and it runs beautifully! As I was reading the thread, Marc, I came upon your mention of the different volumes of B230 oil pumps. When I was building my B230FT I didn't rebuild the oil pump as I had one I had rebuilt for a Turbo-ised B23E I built a few years ago. "It was fresh so why not use it", I thought. The statement you made about the different sized gears made me go and measure the difference in the pump gears. The B230FT gears are 5 mm. larger. Now, I'm uncertain if the pump in my new engine has the large volume or regular volume pump, I'll have to find out myself, obviously. In light of the fact the oil pressure came up fast when I primed the engine at startup and it seems to hold oil pressure well, I don't feel too uncomfortable. The question might be, what risk will I run by continuing to use the possibly low volume pump? Does anyone have any suggestions?
Bill Bard
'92 940FT
Ross pistons, Mechart Rods.

Also, blocks that came with the squirters had the high volume oil pumps, where the gears were around 3mm taller, to allow for the extra amount of flow that the squirters required.

Do you recommend that people performing this mod upgrade to the high volume pump???

John is the kit avalible yet? And is it same install for B20 motors and how much are the squirtes and do you have them instock
JEric

mueller and VolvoSlyder, I sent the squirters to Slyder-boy Priority mail today.

Got the kit back.

Hey are all the Pommes ready to borrow the kit?

I'll ask around via PM. I know I've got three blocks I need to do (unless the B234's are already drilled for them- a possibility, I'm told).

What's the deal with the squirters? Are you supplying them and if so, how much?

I'll ask around via PM. I know I've got three blocks I need to do (unless the B234's are already drilled for them- a possibility, I'm told).

What's the deal with the squirters? Are you supplying them and if so, how much?

as of a few weeks ago he was, just picked up a set for one of my motors....cute little things :omg:

Who is next for this, the Brits? If so, I'm in Maryland with only the North Atlantic between me and them. I can send it over to them after I drill and tap this block I have sitting around.

Back