• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 - Control arm poly bushing - concave washer

canyoneagle

Striving for mediocrity
240 - Control arm poly bushing - concave/conical washer

Alright, I am assembling my bits and pieces, including new poly bushings for the control arms (1979 245). The Superpro kit for the large bushing/sleeve that mounts in the bracket/housing on the rear of the control arm includes a concave washer that by my eye is a perfect match for the front of the bushing. This is where I'd normally think it goes (given no real instructions).
The problem is that the inner diameter of the washer is too small to fit on the shaft of the control arm.
So, where does it go? It seems to me that if it were to be mounted on the back it would put pressure on the bushing itself if mounted with the projecting flanges in (not good - hinders movement) and it would be redundant with the factory washer if mounted the other way.

Question: Do I drill it out and mount it on the front, or flip it and use it in lieu of the factory washer? I'm kinda thinking it is simply to replace the existing washer, mounted with the wings in the air. The shape is what is throwing me.

I've looked for exploded view / photos / threads and no luck. Thanks!

Last edited:
SuperPro told me that washer thingy goes right under the nut with the concave side to the rear and the convex side to the front.

SuperPro told me that washer thingy goes right under the nut with the concave side to the rear and the convex side to the front.

Awesome, thanks!
You'd think the instructions would be better on those.....

I wonder how many people have torqued the suckers down with the concave side to the bushing and wondered why it was binding. :-P

Back