• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Bet Doug would love to get his hands on it...

JRinPR

Saw an odd duck today.

I had even forgotten they'd existed. A Volvo 780:

b78017zollvorn.jpg

Unfortunately, the one I saw wasn't in the greatest shape...engine smoked and sounded rough, brake lights acted weird when the driver applied the brakes, and the body had a few dents. Nothing that couldn't be fixed with some TLC (and major moolah), but it looked kinda sad.

Nah, that ain't the car...the one I saw was silver, and rough-looking. A real shame. This one on the picture is shweet!

Yeah, that's definetly a nice car. Needs a turbo engine from the 940's or an S-60R. OH! Speaking of which, I saw a silver one today, made me do a double take. . . F***ing Old guy driving it. If only he knew what he has available to him. Maybe I should steal it and show him.

Jack

I didn't know they had 16v, that's tight. I thought they were b230ft's also. but could u imagine 300 horses in that!? HOT DAMN!

Jack

Other markets

The engine repair book I've read is marked: B204FT/B204GT. They are both 16V turbo motors with very conservative ratings of
185hp and 200hp. The book is kinda confusing as to which one is which. This was available in late model 740s, 940s and the
780GT which is probably the photo car above.

Best regards,

Dave, I had never seen a turbo on a 16V motor before, except pic's of the '85 Volvo 242Ti rally car w/ 382 hp. Thought stock 16v motors were n/a.
Always thought that the 780 was a B230FT (at least in the US) Do you know if the 780GT was released in the US?

Nah, we didn't get it.

I bought the green manual for the B204FT/B204GT. It shows it with an M46 in a 740 series or maybe it's an early 940? They don't show the rear of the car so I can't really tell. But in any case special stuff like the B204 turbo equiped cars weren't available here. The 780GT from what I understand was a special model for the last year or so of production and it was only sold in Sweden and maybe Europe. I had never heard of it until one of the folks posted about it.

I also never heard of the 240 Evo motor but it does really exist with a Porsche designed cylinder head. This is what I have on my desktop lately.

Last edited:
Dave, that looks like a modified K jetronic manifold with four Weber DCOE's on it!
If it is a high compression n/a motor at those rpm's, it is probably pushing more than 200 hp.
Looks nice, never seen one of those either.
I'd love to hear that thing tach out!

I want a CF timing belt cover :crying:. Is it possible to if i got an intake manifold similar to that to put four throttle boddies on it and just link them together?

More Pics!

Gavin S.
SWEDISH RICE!

By the way, check out the spectator racing at altamont raceway in Tracy CA. I just did it this morning and it kicks ass!

Looking closer it looks like they've answered my question as to wether or not those motors can be mod'd to serpentine.

now if only i can figure out how they did it.

Gavin S.
SWEDISH RICE!

Back