• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

19T turbo worth it?

spool control is not something you need or want with a redblock.

You want max boost as soon as you can get it and as hard as you can get it.

Yeah.... As a matter of fact, weren't White Block (FWD) cats having problems with these because their ignition timing was too aggressive. I seem to remember a number of people bending rods or some 5h1t with 19t's.

If you're stuck on a 15G I have one I can sell you for a decent price. It's got a minor amount of shaft play (because theres no oil in the bearings when it's off the car) but does not touch and is off a clean 850. I've got it partially disassembled for reclocking. I may decide to go bigger hence selling it.

Yeah.... As a matter of fact, weren't White Block (FWD) cats having problems with these because their ignition timing was too aggressive. I seem to remember a number of people bending rods or some 5h1t with 19t's.

I think it mainly happened to greedy kids with MBCs. But like you said, non issue on the red.

Think of early Whiteblock rods as Redblock's 9mm rods.

No, there are 56mm 19T wheels. All you need is the superback rebuild kit (~80) and the housing/wheel (~150). ARD and others sell them. You use the unmodified 15G CHRA, no machining.

Well then do you have a link to this? I am quite interested.

Thats still doesn't make it a "19T" the compressor wheel is too small.

Agreed! While it's cool to get an update as such, the smaller exducer means the dimensions are not the same as a 19t, ergo....

ARD really should call this something else.

It would probably better be called an upgrade wheel...

Compressor maps for each of the wheels would be nice to actually see what if any difference it makes. (billet / stock / adapted wheel )

The inducer is what gives it it's airflow capability, not the exducer. The inducer fins are also taller than the other (13/15/etc) wheels. Exducer diameter is mainly responsible for spool characteristics. With that wheel, it will spool more akin to a 15G, but flow more air because of the 19T inducer dimensions.

Makes sense as to why they chose this wheel given its intended application...they call it "spool control" (because the exducer is the same as the 15G).

Makes sense as to why they chose this wheel given its intended application...they call it "spool control" (because the exducer is the same as the 15G).

Absolutely dumb name considering "control" implies some variability that's based on user or system input.

Back