• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Inspiration for how to possibly not modify your 240

Krayzie

19147a.jpg
[/IMG]

All the T for under 700 bucks.

holy **** that wasn't a joke?

It appears to actually run.

Well here's my change on the subject, I can't count so it may be 2 cents or all the dollar...

As of right now my ghettopimped 89 240dl with 5spd manual trans is finally turbo fed and made a 230 mile journey today with my 2 daughters, fiancee and all our vacation goods without a hitch. Better still... my entire turbo build was under 600 bucks and since the car was 700 to begin with my whole project turbobrick was cheaper than what you have to spend! My list of stuff is as follows...

EBay t3 flange turbo manifold with gasket, mildly modified to run upside down as top mount, 130 bucks.
sandwich plate with 3 way split, 15 bucks
t3 to dsm adapter 30 bucks
2000 volvo s60 t5 injectors from wrecked car 45 bucks
New plugs, last digit 7 instead of 6 making them colder 10bucks
accel universal 8mm plug wires 45 bucks
accel super stock performance coil 35 bucks
New distributor cap, 3 brass fittings, 2 sections of fuel lines, and #ceramic disc magnets for oil pan#... under 100 bucks

I had free stuff too like evo 8 intercooler and td04 from a friends eclipse and all the silicon couplers and random pipe segments and scraps I could ope for as well as buko exhaust pipe scraps and sections so that saved me some coin, but the bov I'm running is connected to a Saab hard pipe I scoffed off one headed to the crusher so the stuff listed can be found dirt cheap anyways if you look around.

All in all I'm STILL running the stock non turbo ecu, but with the ignition system upgrade and the t5 injectors it runs flawlessly at the 8psi the internal wastegate is set at. Granted I had to cut a nice hole in my hood for the turbo to fit and now have half the turbo exposed and my ghetto up-to-downpipe as well (which will be replaced by a much better system when I have the time to fabricate more) but hey... it works and works well. Went toe to toe with a new Chrysler 200 today on the highway and we were even up to 115mph which isn't bad since the cheap one has a 185ish hp 4 banger and the cream of the crop has a v6 of well over 200 hp. My project by myself took a few days but is a shining example that you can make it get up and go for cheap and safely ... just run high octane all the time and don't push boost past 10psi even with new injectors and ignition system without the turbo ecu swaps

well, to each their own I suppose.

I mean, I guess we shouldn't be too mean. Manbeard's brother actually did finish a +T, and appears to have a running, driving, boosted 240. That's more than a lot of the people here accomplish.

I rate this +T a perfect 5/7.

I'm all about Frankenmotors.... and Turbos sticking out hoods..

That upside down pipe needs some help. Good use of what you have though.... I'm going to say a 5.5/7 for Macgyver skilz

I'm all about Frankenmotors.... and Turbos sticking out hoods..

That upside down pipe needs some help. Good use of what you have though.... I'm going to say a 5.5/7 for Macgyver skilz

But he didn't just "use what he had"...he spent $700 on the setup.

Typically, when there's a turbo coming through the hood, you expect it to be a bigass Holset or like an S480, not a lil baby mitsu, but hey, OP obviously doesn't care, so party on Wayne.

Back