• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

962j

Got a good start on the headers. Passenger is just about welded and the drivers side is half done and is a mirror image. Have good plug access and spark plug wire clearance. Only number 3/4 are tricky to get on but a little twist and push and they pop on. Nice thing about not having any side motor mounts is from underneath the whole area is wide open and plug access is even better

V8's are different than a 4 cylinder header mounted turbo. The firing order is wrong for pulse pairing, I'm running a single twin scroll turbo, so one bank for each side. It's all getting plumbed to 2.25 hot pipes that are not equal length either. I had this discussion with my cam guy, since the whole motor seems to hinge around those specs. Turbo piping is more just like duct work, were plumbing the exhaust to the turbo where the ultimate restriction is. We will always have header pressure so working with reflecting pulses is void since it takes a larger area to create the reversion and all turbo systems neck down to keep velocity My cam has 1/10 degree overlap, so scavenging is not present. It's more like an hvac system!

Hey so quick question, are you running a slip fit collector? Or are you going to weld the runners to the collector?

Lookin' good BTW!

They are weld on, slip fit style. I would have had them on yesterday but the clover leave was a little small yet, they are opened up now and will get them on tonight. No death spike either, just a welded cap in the middle where the pipes meet. It's the whole reversion thing again and it not being present

I bought a uweld up sprint car header kit from summit racing for 80 dollars to build these

What's your guys opinion on water intercoolers in the intake like a meat sammich?

Like they do for blown V8s? Seems like a recipe for heat soak and fixed dimensions. But you're only doing a 1/4mi pass and can pump in freezing water so...
:nod: I've seen this done for drag cars with a separate resevior for ice water. Otherwise I would think air to air for anything else.

My longest drive would be 25 miles with no boost. Might hear soak the water some. Would have to get some data. But yes, drag race only pretty much.

My fridge makes ice like a champ too

:nod: I've seen this done for drag cars with a separate resevior for ice water. Otherwise I would think air to air for anything else.

I was going to do air to air, then decided on water. Thinking this would just be way more trick and move weight to the rear. Like mentioned, 25 miles to the track and 7 miles to work when I do drive it. Something to explore anyways

I was going to do air to air, then decided on water. Thinking this would just be way more trick and move weight to the rear. Like mentioned, 25 miles to the track and 7 miles to work when I do drive it. Something to explore anyways
What would be way more trick would be finding a way to switch between air/air and water/air with one pipe.

Back