• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Wheel/Tire Size - Quick Question

jsun245

Will a 6Jx15x43 steel wheel (Volvo wheel, 6819704) with a 195/60 15 tire fit my 245 ('76)?

I have 14" Coronas on the car now with a 205/75 14 tire. I am looking to pick up this set of steel wheels for the winter (already come with snows), but am trying to get some info on whether the steel wheels (above) will fit...before going half way across the state to pick them up. Various online sites give various info. I'm mostly concerned about caliper rubbing and whether that tire might rub on the spring seats.

I figured someone here would know.

Thanks!

Yes but you'll need some 25mm feepay spacers to run them.

Thanks! That's exactly what I wanted to know. Given that the spacers seem to cost $90/pair, that makes those inexpensive wheels definitely NOT worth it.

So, you'd recommend that I should look for what if I wanted to go up to a 15" wheel? I've heard "700/900 series" wheels, is that correct?

Lots of rwd wheels will fit your car. I would recommend just finding some rwd 15" alloys and use some summer tires on them and put winter tires on the coronas for this winter. 195-70-14 works well.

Thanks! That's exactly what I wanted to know. Given that the spacers seem to cost $90/pair, that makes those inexpensive wheels definitely NOT worth it.

So, you'd recommend that I should look for what if I wanted to go up to a 15" wheel? I've heard "700/900 series" wheels, is that correct?

Or ~$75 an axle shipped from EZaccessory.com for decent quality.

:e-shrug:

Back